Chapter 10- It's A Trap!

Right before my eyes, I saw what was once known as a heartbreaking truth, unfold into a devastating white lie.

So everything I've ever been told about that crash was a lie? Did she pay off the police and nurses to cover it up also?

Or worst of all...Is she even my biological mother?

"Everything she did and is doing now is for you. It's always been for you."

"You expect me to believe that crap she did...was for me?" My breathing hitched and the void began shaking.

I've never felt this amount of rage in such a short span of time. How triggering!

"Cassandra please...-" 

The love that I once had for my mother turned into hatred from 0 to 100 real quick. I clenched my fists.

Nebuolle's voice was drowned out by my subconscious, pacing around the thought of my mother basically abandoning me. 

I closed my eyes and tried to contain myself. 

Once again his voice tried to reach out to me, "I think you should calm do-"

I snapped.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!"

My eyes were open but they were no longer their regular colour. 

Out came the bright blue and a wave from my body threw everything, well, only Nebuolle's body off balance.

"Next time you see my mom, ask her if everything she did was worth it?" 

And with that, the void disappeared, and I was left alone in my room, staring at the mirror.

All this time, she was alive and kicking. Missed events, birthdays, Christmases, not even thinking about how her actions might have affected her DAUGHTER.

I was annoyed, but I needed some answers so I decided to go to the last parent I had.

As I opened my door to the hallway, I heard the faint sounds of glass shattering and soft voices.

I crawled halfway down the stairs, and in my clear view to the kitchen, Drake has been strapped to a chair; bloody face and a puffy eye, the clear indications of an interrogation gone wrong. I had no idea where Danielle hid, but all I could hope was that she was in a safe spot, otherwise, she was nowhere to be found.

He was surrounded by two goonies dressed in black from head to toe. One with shaggy brown hair and the other with black hair. Both looked like douchebags but in an expensive way.

The brown, shaggy-haired guy leaned into Drake's face with his arms on both the handles of the chair. 

"You're gonna tell us where she is, or else eenie, meenie, miny mo, you're gonna bleed from head to toe."

"Do your worst!" Drake grunted and spat in his face.

Such a Drake thing to say.

But with that, out came the sharp cutting knife and into his flesh, as he held in his loudest cries.

What am I supposed to do? 

Panicking, I silently took out my phone, took a picture, and sent it to the only people I could sort of count on at the moment.

'Ment-holders group chat'

Cass
'Photo Sent'
'Guys, I'm at my house and I'm in real trouble.'
'Location Sent'

Jackson
'Say less princess.'

Ethan
'Can you take a picture of somewhere we won't be seen?'

Cass
'Photo Sent'

Darci
'Thanks for the lighting!'

And with that, the space in the hallway was now occupied with half-awake teenagers, Darci, Jackson, and Ethan.

I tried to make room for them to see from my view, but in doing so, my pendant fell onto the wooden steps alerting the attention of the goons to the stairs.

"You heard that Boss?" one snorted. 

"No wonder you won't tell us, she's been here all along," the brown-haired goon said to his partner.

"NO, you leave her alone, she has nothing to do with this!" Drake pleaded.

"She has EVERYTHING to do with this!"

The brown-haired goon nodded to his partner, who walked past Drake to find me.

Just as I thought we were about to get caught, Darci laid her arm around the four of us when I made eye contact with the goon.

He seemed to be looking in our direction but not jumping at the chance to capture us.

"Darci, are we invisible?" I whispered.

She nudged me to be quiet but it was too late.

The goon heard my voice and came exactly at the tip of my feet, grabbing and launching me onto the main floor, landing with an eerie thud.

"NO, CASS!"

Feeling the red, sticky liquid trickling onto my forehead, a pair of black shoes were within my sight.

With brutal force, I'm somehow up again on my feet, which were moments away from buckling, staring face to face with an unusually dashing man, with a jawline that could cut through stone, eyes that draw the truth out of souls, and a voice deeper than death itself.

The black-suited goon was, unfortunately, giving my friends the beating of their lives while I was being held up and forced to watch as he single-handedly countered their combat like if it was nothing excruciating.

Jackson and Darci worked as a tag team using the soil from the plants in the house and the dirt under the surface of the floor to their advantage because of their powers, while Ethan, nonchalantly punched his way through the fight.

Slightly smirking, this gorgeous guy was clearly enjoying everything that unfolded.

Just as Ethan swung for a punch, he was thrown over the staircase, and into the kitchen wall, landing unconsciously to the floor.

Because Ethan was flung into the wall, Jackson lost his focus and the opportunity to strike when the goon mangled him with an uppercut, punch to the stomach, and an airstrike into the wall at the top of the stairs.

Darci being worried about her brother, rushed to his aid but was met halfway with a headbutt to the floor and a stomp to the chest, echoing a bone-shattering sound through the open space.

Darci herself, in pain, shouted, "ARGHH STOPPP!"

Seeing it all bloodily unfold, just a few feet away, left me broken as if it was me who felt their pain.

"Who are you and why are you doing this?" I sobbed.

"Hey, I'm Jay, and I'm here to personally kill you."