Chapter 23- Friends Who Chose The Wrong Side, Aren't Friends Anymore

PREVIOUSLY

"Left you a surprise when you arrive!"

"I just...need information... on something,"

Something's up.

"There's no easy way to say this,"

If you're reading this, things have likely gone bad since they released me and chances are, I'm already dead.

I regret not being able to see you one last time but- I loved you as if you were my own. And if it was my life for yours, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Negative emotions are all I felt.

A fire! There was a spark of fire in me. I felt it.

The last time I saw Drake, he was wearing the same clothes the decapitated body wore, and Dani's lifeless body lay on the bed, with holes above her chest and stomach.

The persons who raised me were...

Slaughtered!

I've never wanted more than to single-handedly torture and end Circe the way she did Drake and Dani.

I'm coming for blood.

NOW

"She's gone too far," Jay's voice cracked at the sight.

"She'll rue the day she messed with me and my family." With a clenched fist, I felt the power I had oozing off of me.

The way the water fiercely pumped through my veins, arming me, fueling me for the great step I was about to take.

I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed the cookbook from the cupboard, not forgetting the site besides me.

Without waiting for Jay, who was searching the site once for goodness knows what, I stormed out of the house ready to take Circe on.

But Jay caught on.

"Caura, listen to me. No matter what we do now, stick to the plan,"

"I'm not sure if I can anymore, Jay. You've seen what she's done to my family. The family that you endangered the second you 'released' Drake without telling me."

"Yes, I know,"

"I can't let her hurt anyone else for that matter,"

"Caura? Cauraline, look at me!"

He held my arms in place at my sides but-

"Ow!"

-He let go, a bit taken aback at the feel.

"Look, as horrendous and uncalled for as it is, don't you see what's she's doing?"

"She's trying to get your judgement clouded and for you to be vulnerable so she can take advantage of that moment of weakness,"

"A moment is all she needs,"

He tried to touch my hand but I flailed it away.

"Just-" he sighed. "Just remember the plan. Remember the plan, and we will all get through this."

After composing myself, Jay and I nodded to each other, and we made our way to the coordinates' pinpoint.

~~

Following the coordinates, up ahead of us was a large worn-down warehouse, with rust and bushes hinting that it's been abandoned for a long while.

Jay and I staked out the premises behind a shrub of bushes to observe that it had 2 separate doors.