Chapter 16- Friends Close, Enemies Closer

He's right. I'm not in control. 

I'm losing control of my powers as they grow. 

"You're right-"

"Let's just...regroup after lunch and we'll figure things out." He gestured for me to walk before him into the class.

RING!!!!

LUNCH

We entered the cafeteria and made our way to the table with the gang.

"Cass!" She threw herself at me.

"Cassie, I'm sorry. I never should've doubted you."

"It's alright Darci, we should've talked it out instead of me going into another dimension."

We sat at the table and it seemed like everything was back to normal as it possibly could be.

Until.

A food tray slipped itself in between Darci and Jackson's trays revealing the red-haired Faith barging in.

"Hey, all and Cass, did I miss anything?"

*Internally growling*

I sat slouched over, eating my lunch while Faith conversed with everyone except me.

The end of lunch was nearing and out of the corner of my eye, I caught an icy glare which quickly looked away.

I was still so tense from the confrontation that the loud ringing of the bell pushed itself on the borderline of my eardrums, stabbing it like tiny needles.

At least it isn't as bad as the first time. 

"Alright gang, let's hang out at the cafe after school,"

"See ya."

After School

Darci, Jackson, Faith and I, all met at the tiny corner shop cafe and was greeted by the dew of red perennials and the ding of the door.

Small yet spacious. The place was bustling; people at tables conversed with each other while others were behind the counters whipping up orders.

Faith and I placed our orders as Darci saved a table for us, and Jackson collected their drinks.

The waiter handed Faith her drink and without hesitation, began walking towards the twins.

A couple of seconds later, the waiter returned with my drink and I followed behind Faith towards the table. 

Conveniently, Faith stopped as if she forgot something and made an abrupt 180-degree turn clashing her drink with mine, drenching my white shirt while getting some on her face and in her hair.

Our commotion caused many to stop their conversations to stare at us and also inconvenienced the workers at the cafe.

We apologized and excused ourselves to the bathroom to at least clean ourselves up. Well, me for the most part.