Chapter 24- Is Darkness Made? Or Born?

PREVIOUSLY

"Caura, listen to me. No matter what we do now, stick to the plan,"

"A moment of weakness is all she needs,"

Walking further into the warehouse I stopped when I heard the sound of a leaf being stepped on.

IT'S A TRAP!

~~

"Bart? Barry? How'd you know where we were?"

"Please, let them go they're your friends,"

"Friends who chose the wrong side," Bart stooped down to my level. "Aren't friends anymore"

~~

She appeared in all-white apparel and shiny black boots.

"So Cauraline, did you get a chance to see the surprise I had for you?"

"You know, if it makes you feel any better, they were fighters."

I'd like to say everything in me wanted to break free from these chains and rip her throat out, but they weren't.

I had no strength to fight back.

It's as if I've been weakened.

NOW

"Oh my dear, you don't look too good. Do you want some water?" She asked mockingly.

"What was the point of using my family for your sick twisted game? Why kill them?"

I began breaking down but I still looked her in the eye and she made not one sound.

"I'll rip your tongue out, feed it to you, and end you mercilessly!"

She sat her drink down and grabbed my face.

"That was to be sure you'd come. I needed the assurance so think of it as...collateral damage."

She turned her back to me, ushering her minions to walk ahead of her.

Whatever she said to them, they reacted by pouring liquid on everyone else to get them awake.

"Welcome one, welcome all. Do you know what day it is and why I needed you here tonight?"

Jackson and I looked at each other and so did Jay and Athena.

"The stars?" Jay weakly mentioned.

"Handsome and smart. I like."

"When 11 celestial stars form a larger connectable star around a full moon," She pulled out an already glowing silver looped bracelet, with a small circular-shaped gemstone, infused with some sort of black magic.

"This dampens the power of the person wearing it, rendering them completely subjected to their deepest, darkest desires."

She wiggled her eyebrows, holding the jewellery close to her and giving an evil smirk at us all.

"Now we all know who this belongs to." Her eyes landed on mine as she stepped forward, kneeling to my level and grabbing my chin as I squirmed.

FLASHBACK

Jay's plan:

"Alright everyone, Caura and I are going alone, since Circe are already expecting us, and only us. Sawyer, you and Thyra will wait here for us and take Ziy to the infirmary room immediately when you get him. "

"I believe Circe wants to activate whatever the cursed object is since the stars and the moon are aligned."

"Wait, what's so special about them being aligned?" I curiously asked.