Chapter 17- Family Before Anything

"Hello, Mother,"

Her maroon dress was as royal as her title was as Queen. Embroidered with silver and studded with gems.

Her posture, ever so graceful as her silver streaks stood out in her silky, medium-length ebony hair of curls.

The thickness of her eyebrows was more on the thick side, complimenting her soft but dangerous eye shape followed by thin heart-shaped lips curved into a weak smile.

She walked towards me, arms open for an embrace but was rejected.

Her smile dropped and her eyes spoke as if asking, Forgive me?

We stood arm's length apart and I shouted at her, eyes hot with rage.

"WHY?"

She took a step towards me, arms in an open manner, "Please, let's talk in person. I'll explain everything,"

Even though the aura is a neverending void, I backed away knowing it would solve nothing.

"Even though I have tons of questions," I angrily gritted my teeth, "I'm sure you're limited in answers," A tear escaped.

"Just hear me out and let me explain," she responded softly.

I stood there staring at her, barely able to contain my emotions while she stood staring back at me, pursing her lips deep in thought.

"As Queen, I have responsibilities and duties. I-I cannot just drop everything and leave,"

"So your child isn't important? They aren't worth it?"

She froze at my questions.

"So what if Ziyland was approached by guards of an opposing enemy?"

"They-"

"Would you wait until something happens before taking action?"

"Listen to me, it's not that simple!" She shouted.

"THEN MAKE IT SIMPLE! YOU'RE THE QUEEN GOD DAMMIT!" I returned the shouts making her take a step back as her thick eyebrows shot up.

I sighed knowing that she may have felt that I wasn't considerate or didn't have sympathy for her feelings. But I have feelings too.

Lying to me and faking my entire life. Drake was heartbroken and so was I.

What am I supposed to tell him if and when he finds out?

I don't even know my Dad or my brother. 

I don't even know myself anymore.

"Caura, the kiwi,"

I gasped when she mentioned kiwi.

"It's dying and I don't know how to help it."

Younger, Mom thought it was a great idea to have a secret word to use if either of us were in trouble and needed help.