Chapter 11- Sealed With A Kiss And Hopping Dimensions

PREVIOUSLY

Seeing my mother basically abandoning me to do God knows what broke my heart and set fire to the love I once had for her.

Seeing Drake all tied up to a chair and in a vulnerable position with a sharp knife through his hand was painful to watch.

Seeing my friends all bloody, beaten to a pulp with shattered bones, just a few feet away, left me broken as if it was I who took those beatings.

Seeing those 2 goons tear apart the people I care about with no explanation and also saying he came to kill me was the most dangerous position I've ever been involved in.

NOW

"Hey, I'm Jay, and I'm here to personally kill you."

The height difference between us wasn't a major site but it was clear that my head, at least, reached the middle of his broad chest.

Inches apart, the most obvious part of Jay was his luxurious dark red strands of hair, but as he was up close and personal, his eyes were of a gorgeous burnt orange kind of resembling the tips of a flame. Stunning.

"Fine. Then do it already," I hissed.

"NO, you won't lay a hand on my daughter!"

"I wasn't talking to you, pops, and what are you gonna do about it?" Jay taunted. "She isn't even your real daughter, give it a break."

As Jay was spitting words at Drake, his sharp jawline was more prominent than before. His grip on my face tightened but not without witty remarks.

"Might I just say, you're absolutely beautiful with those blue eyes and cute nose," he blandly groaned. "Such a pity I have to kill you, otherwise I think you would've been my other half, my soulmate."

My soulmate.

"Don't you agree?" He hurdled the question to his partner to which he responded with a deep nod.

"Let's get you healed up, I want to get a good look at you before the deed is done."

He brought his hand above the bruise on my head and a bright light was emitted. After a couple of seconds, I no longer felt the throbbing on my head nor did I feel the blood trickling out of my brain.

After I've been healed, Jay just stood there, admiring me but with less force on my jaw as his eyes dropped to my lips and met my eyes.

Ew.

With no warning, he slowly leaned in and closed the gap between us, gently bossing himself around in me.

I wanted to resist but I couldn't.

I didn't want to.

His warm breath tasted like mint chocolate of which I have a love-hate relationship, and as he crawled deeper, it felt as if we were fighting for dominance using our tongue as swords.

Out of breath, we hesitantly parted ways as he gave me one last peck on my lips and the other on my forehead.

Seconds passed after we parted and for the first time, he smiled warmly at me.

"I'm irresistible, aren't I. But we shouldn't mix business with pleasure.

With the eerie stillness, a loud creak came from the kitchen and as Jay looked back, I took the opportunity to blast frost at him sending his figure flying back first into the bottom of the staircase.

I ran towards Ethan's still body and tried to wake him but to no avail.

While the brown-haired goon was distracted attending to Jay, I called out to Jackson, and out he came, hair filled with the white dust from the wall as he stumbled upon his sister.

He helped her to her feet, and Drake came rushing in to help but Jay wasted no time.

Instead of fighting back, they dragged Drake back into the kitchen where the goon pulled out a circular red ball, attached it to the wall, and crushed it with his hands. 

The liquid goo from the ball turned the wall into a red-lit portal and both the goon and Drake got into the portal.

"No, Drake, bring him back," I shouted and tried to go after them but Jay stood in my way, holding me back.

"Don't get in my way Caura. Because the next time we meet," he took a step closer.

"It'll end without a kiss."

I stood helplessly as Jay turned his heels to the portal and disappeared with Drake to the other side leaving a pile of red goo left on the wall.

The house was totally capsized, holes in the walls, broken stair bars, an unconscious Ethan, Darci with broken bones, and Jackson with a concussion. All for what?

Remembering Ethan I rushed to his side when he groggily woke up. I helped prop him up when the twins both came limping towards us.

"Guys, this is my fault, I'm sorry." 

"Don't be," A groggy Ethan responded.

"Just tell us this wasn't all a trap and we're square," Darci exclaimed.

"Dar, how was she supposed to know some goon would do this to us, and kidnap her stepdad." Jackson backed me up.

"Does it occur to any of you that while we're all banged up pretty good, little miss princess here doesn't have a mark on her at all?" Darci argued.

"Sure she cracked open her skull, but that Jay dude healed her up real easy AND not to mention ended up deep throating her before he made his exit."

"Look Cass, I don't have anything against you, but it just seems a bit fishy, do you see where I'm coming from?"

"I get it, and I am being real with you. I did not know something was going to go happen, nor did I know how it was going to happen." I snapped.

I backed away from my friends and just stood there thinking of what I could do to regain their trust, because being around them in the state they're in, made me responsible for everything that's happened up till now.

"I'm going after them."

I said that as I walked towards the wall with the red goo on it and crushed the residue of whatever part of the goo was left.

Ethan stood up and came bolting towards me. "Cass, please don't do this by yourself. Let us help you."

"I am going to prove to you and to myself that I will and can figure out what's going on. I'll make it right. You have my word."

Turning away from my group, I faced the portal, tummy churning and all, and took my first step into the other dimension but what was waiting for me on the other side was nothing I expected.