Chapter 1- A New Beginning

The day before my eighteenth birthday, my stepdad Drake and I have decided to move from our home in Long Ampton, Karasta to our new house in Castielle, Saralon due to an amazing job opportunity it had for him with the possibility of being the position of CEO at Weldon Industry and the fact that we don't need any reminders that my mom would never come back.

This also means that I had to leave everything behind; my besties Hailey and Jared, the friendships I made at Hillview College, and the fact that I lived in Long Ampton practically my entire life and knowing that I had to start a new life as a stranger to Castielle, just makes me feel nervous about what to expect.

Just then, my bedroom door slammed wide open and there was my stepfather, but I call him dad. Even though Drake is not my biological father I treat him like he's my dad because he was the only fatherly figure in my life.

"Hey kiddo, are you ok?" he said with concern in his wide hazel eyes.

"What...?" It was really hazy and I said it with utter disregard for my communication skills.

"Well, you were talking in your sleep and then it sounded like you were having trouble breathing so I rushed in."

Ah, Drake. I really do love him like a dad but I don't think he really knows that because I'm always acting like a bitch around him.

"Thank you for your concern, Dad, but I'm fine." I wanted to tell him that I loved him for caring about me so much even after my mother; his wife died. But all that came out was "I would like some privacy though."

"Yeh, sure." He responded. "But before I leave, you gotta get ready soon."

"Why?"

"I figured you might forget." He was not surprised or offended. He must have picked that up from knowing me for so long. "The movers are coming today to transport everything to the new house! Aren't you excited?"

"I'm excited that we're moving to a new house but I'm sad that I'll have to leave this one and my school and my friends. It's sad and depressing dad."

"I know hun, but remember this is a new job for me that I'm officially starting tomorrow as a boss of a company and this is a new start for you to be away from this place. This is a new beginning for both of us." He squeezed my hand for reassurance, "We'll make it through this together."