Chapter 15- Cat Gone Rogue

TW// Talks of non-consensual touching and bullying 

The darkness sneaked and kept me on my toes as I threaded my way through the musky dirt ground to a lonely road.

No streetlights and no one in sight.

Been walking for a while yet no sign showed I was getting closer to home.

If I was in any real danger I should be back there with them.

I should be finding ways to stop what or whoever is hunting me.

While pondering on my thoughts, two bright headlights beamed in the distance and a sense of relief took my body.

I held my hand out, hoping they'd notice and I'd get to hitchhike but as it got closer, my vision started fading.

The car came to a halt and the window rolled down with an elderly guy at the wheel.

"You're a far way from home kiddo. Hop on in, I'll drop you to the nearest station."

I did as he instructed and told him where I was headed. 

"Lucky for you, it ain't too far from here. Buckle up, we'll be there in no time."

The car took off and immediately, I blacked out.

Cass? Cass?

I heard voices but I couldn't recognize who they belonged to.

Hey, hey, she's awake.

Fluttering my eyelids, I slowly started to regain consciousness and had the strength to sit myself up.

Not even a moment for me to catch myself.

"Where's Drake? I tried calling him but his phone is still here."

A worried pregnant Danielle stood, brows furrowed, at the end of the couch watching me, hoping for answers.

A distance away from her was an arm folded, sleeping Ethan on the long couch.

I set my feet to the floor ready to rise from the couch, but a slight sting restricted my movements.

"No moving, only resting," Ethan interjected.

"The elderly guy who drove you here thought you seemed exhausted so I injected you with ivy drops thinking you were dehydrated."

"Oh," I smiled weakly at him. "Thanks."

"Why's he here?" I whispered my question to Danielle.

"He was in the neighbourhood and decided to drop by,"

"I told him you weren't home so he wanted to make sure you came back."

"It was getting late so I wasn't going to tell him to leave." She continued.

You know that awkward silence when your crush confesses their feelings, so you do the same and now you have no clue what to do next?

Yeah, that's how it feels.

The tension between Ethan and I was noticeable to the point that even those who were strangers felt uncomfortable.

"Can we have a moment alone Dani?"

She understood the assignment and made her exit to lay down leaving just us two to figure things out.

Ethan then approached me, laying on the floor, sitting with his back facing parallel to the couch.