Chapter 25- Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

PREVIOUSLY

"This dampens the power of the person wearing it, rendering them completely subjected to their deepest, darkest desires."

~~

"It is the time!"

"CAURA!" Ziyland shouted.

"Can you shut up for a second?" My demeanour shifted as I rudely inquired.

I'll suggest it now, but don't say I didn't tell you.

~~

"Go on without me, I'm not going. I can...and I will hurt you all."

I pushed him into the portal... But it was already too late.

Black. It all goes black.

"Now, answer this question. Is darkness made? Or born?"

NOW

I feel like myself except...I'm not.

It was as though the pendant was somehow enhancing the darker parts of myself.

Like it had a mind of its own.

I felt those feelings of anger, hatred...even loneliness, rising through the darkness as I rode backseat in my body.

"You're bleeding!" Jackson pointed to the red substance on the ground with hints of a shiny, metallic blue ooze.

"Urgh," Ziyland grunted as both Sawyer and Thyra supported him with his arm over both of their shoulders.

"Infirmary, asap!" Athena instructed as she held the door open for them.

Once gone, her loud sigh could be heard as she anxiously tried to get rid of the worry line on her forehead.

I looked over at Jackson who was being comforted by Athena, and my eyes drifted over to Jay, whose eyes throbbed with distress and defeat.

A loud wave of silence washed over us as the others tried to wrap their minds around what just happened.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asked.

Honestly, I've never felt better. I feel stronger, more in control, and even...comfortable.

"Yeah, I just don't want to be here. I'm a risk to everyone around me."

I turned my back towards them and stared at the wall.

"Hey?" Athena's hand lay on my shoulder and I shrugged it off, even though part of me did not intend to do it.

It feels like a tug-o-war with the inner parts of myself.

Choosing to be good but striving to be dark.

My eyes glanced at Jay once again and I noticed him staring at me, brows furrowed, so I quickly looked away.

I took another glance and he is still unphased so I drifted to Jackson, who seemed distraught.

"Jack, I'm sorry about Darci," Jay gave him a solemn look.

"We all are," Athena chimed in.

The hung his head and let out a depressive sigh. "Of all things, this is the worst she could do to me,"

"We're closer than that. At least that's what I thought."

"Same goes for Barry and Bart," Athena squeezes his arm for reassurance and sympathizes with him.

I stood there unsympathetic to his situation as if I was incapable of expressing emotions and shrugged my shoulders in a cold, nonchalant manner.

Jackson scoffs at my tone, "You know, with your brother injured, I thought you would've been more sympathetic to the situation, but it doesn't seem like you care." and excuses himself before leaving the room.