♡ five ♡

I groaned lightly as my phone alarm vibrated next to me. I picked it up and immediately regretted it when my eyes met the blinding light coming from my phone screen. I turned the alarm off, knowing if I hit snooze I would never get up. I sighed before turning on the lamp on my bedside table and leaning over to where Wyatt was still sleeping peacefully.

I leaned over to him and lightly kissed his cheek, running my fingers through his very messy hair. "Wy, my alarm just went off, we have to get up," I whispered to him.

"Five more minutes," he groaned before burying his face back into his pillow.

I laughed at his response, "only five," I responded before getting out of bed. I went over to Noah's crib where he was still asleep, as much as I regretted waking him up, I had to feed him before I had to leave for school. Thankfully both my mom and Wyatt's mom had offered the watch him while we were at school, so today was my mom's day to watch him. Their offers lifted a huge burden off for our chests of having to pay for daycare for a two month old baby.

I rubbed Noah's belly lightly until he started to wiggle around in his swaddle. I unswaddled him and he stretched his arms and legs nice and big before I picked him up and let him start to eat. He ate for about five minutes and when he was done I burped him and shook Wyatt's shoulder.

"Baby has a stinky diaper, can you please change it while I get ready?" I asked him. He nodded sleepily before sitting up and taking Noah from me.

"Hey little man," He whispered in his deep morning voice. One thing that I really loved about Wyatt was his morning voice.

I smiled to myself before heading into my bathroom and washing my face. I swiped some mascara onto my eyelashes and called my makeup good before undoing the braids that were in my hair. I fluffed out the curls the braids left and pinned a few strands back. I admired my natural look for a moment before heading into my closet to put some clothes on. Since it was the end of August, and still very warm outside, I pulled on some high waisted jean shorts and added a white short sleeved crop top and throwing a gray zip up jacket on my arms, in case the school was freezing. Finally, I put on a dainty silver necklace with an N and a W on it for Noah and Wyatt and added a silver ring to my finger before pulling on my Birkenstocks.

I headed back into my bedroom and found Wyatt with only sweats on, "You really like to tempt fate don't you?" I asked him.

He chuckled as he pulled a shirt over his head, "I'm just trying to change here."

I rolled my eyes at him before heading towards the door, "I'll get us some breakfast," I said before heading out of my room.

I headed win the stairs and found my mom in the kitchen, drinking her morning coffee, "Morning mom," I greeted her as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning Ken," she smiled, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Noah is all fed and changed and I think he already fell back asleep, so he should stay down for a few more hours," I told her.

"If not, I've got it handled, he loves cuddles with MiMi," she promised me. Both our moms refused to be just 'grandma', so my mom went with 'MiMi' while Wyatt mom decided on 'GiGi'.

"We'll be out the door as soon as Wyatt is done getting ready," I said as I grabbed two protein bars from the cabinet.

"Sounds good," she said as I started to head out of the door, "And Ken?" She called out.

"Yeah Mom?" I asked.

"Don't worry about Noah, he'll be fine, just enjoy your last first day of school."

I smiled, "I will Mom, I promise."

I ran back upstairs and threw our breakfast in my bag before looking around to see if I was missing anything.