♡ thirteen ♡

"Shut up! You did not!" Arden laughed at her boyfriend as we all sat in a booth at Tom's.

"What? You can't imagine me doing ballet at five years old?" He chuckled, casually slinging his arm over her shoulder.

"How did you manage to get looped into that dude?" Wyatt asked him.

"My younger sister wanted to do it, so my mom signed us both up. Let's just say I was terrible and my mom finally realized it was a lost cause, so she let me drop out and then I started playing little kids football not long after."

"Hey that's okay, my mom made Gray do gymnastics with me for a few years when we were little. He hated it," I informed my friends.

Grayson rolled his eyes and poured, "Kennedy, you don't have to expose me like that. Gymnastics wasn't my forte."

"I wasn't mine either," I laughed as I took a sip of my milkshake.

"Yeah, then you just started sitting around on your fat ass," Grayson laughed, getting me back for bringing it up in the first place.

"That is so not true, I learned to play guitar!"

"And then she because friends with me!" Arden smiled.

"Besties since Kindergarten," I giggled.

"You were a bully in Kindergarten," Grayson told her as he sipped his milkshake.

Arden fake gasped, "I was not."

"Gray you were the one who started screaming just because Arden tagged you during freeze tag," I reminded him.

"You know what, I actually remember that, I think that was like my second or third day at the school," Wyatt noted.

"That's right, you were the kid who moved halfway through the year. You were really quiet for that whole year though," Arden recalled.

"Were you a part of the group yet, Jess?" James asked him.

She shook her head, "No, I went to a private school until we started 5th grade. From an outsider perspective, this bunch seemed crazy to just about everyone who didn't know them." She pointed between me, Wyatt, Gray, and Arden.

"Yet you still decided to get to know us," I smiled.

"Well yeah, everyone else was boring," she reminded me.

"I hope this kiddo gets as lucky as we did in the friend department," I smiled, glancing over at Noah sleeping on his car seat.

"Just make sure he doesn't become best friends with a set of twins and start dating the sister," Grayson winked, in response Jess flicked the side of his head, "Owww!"

"You know you love your nephew," Jess told him.

"Yeah I do," Gray grumbled.

"We'll let you be the friend police Grayson, then we'll see who the favorite uncle really is," Wyatt joked.

Grayson gasped, "I would never do anything to lose the title of favorite uncle."

I sighed and leaned my head onto Wyatt's shoulder. He looked over at me and kissed the top of my head, "You ready to head out?"

I nodded, "Yeah, we should probably get Noah in his crib rather than his car seat for a change this evening." Wyatt nodded and scooted out of the seat before letting me out too.

"I'll see you two tomorrow!" I told Jess and Arden.

"Yes! We'll be at your place around 10!" Arden conformed.

I nodded and waved goodbye to the whole group before Wyatt and I headed out. Once in the the car, we stayed silent, I held Wyatt's hand as I absentmindedly stared out the window, staying up as late as it was was no good for me, especially when I knew Noah would be up at the crack of dawn to eat.

"Can you take Noah in? I have to grab all of my gear," Wyatt asked me.

I popped my door open after he put the car in park, "Yeah, I'll change him and get him into his crib."

Wyatt nodded as he circled around to the back of the car. I unclipped my baby's car seat before carrying it into the house and up the stairs. I nudged my bedroom door open with my foot and grabbed Noah out of his car seat. I quickly changed him diaper before laying him down in his crib.

I took a moment to myself before changing into comfy clothes and heading into the bathroom. I started to wipe the makeup I had been wearing with our school colors off of my face when Wyatt walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned into his embrace and closed my eyes, just enjoying the close proximity of our bodies.

"I love you," I whispered to him, my eyes still closed.

I felt him lean down to place a kiss on the top of my head, "I love you too."

Finally I opened my eyes and threw my wipe away before turning around to pull him into a proper hug. All of the events of the evening finally seemed to hit me all at once and tears started to flow from my eyes. As much as I tried to pretend the comments and stares didn't hurt, they did. As much as I loved Wyatt, it hurt to know that he never got those stares too, it was only me.

Wyatt, seeming to understand, simply rocked my gently back and forth, until he eventually hoisted my legs up to wrap them around his waist, where I was able to bury my face into his neck. He carried me into my bedroom and flicked off the lights before setting me down in bed and getting in next to me.

"We can always go tell someone about what they're saying to you, it's obviously making you upset," He whispered, brushing my tears away with his thumb.

"But we all know what happened last time," I reminded him. The only reason Kelsey left us alone was because we had something on her, this time we have nothing.

"So what? The past doesn't always predict the future. Your happiness is all I care about."

I moved closer to him in order to wrap both my arms around his neck, "I love you so much, Wy."

He hugged me right back, "I love you too, Ken."

-----

Gah! Sorry it's been like two months. Let's just say senior year has not been friendly to me and I have about -10 hours of free time. Thank you all for sticking with me and I will try my best to update again soon!

xx - Sidney