♡ seven ♡

"Are you ready to go see daddy?" I cooed at Noah as I wrapped him up in his baby wrap, so I could carry him around easier. I had gotten to the school early, so I figured I would walk around a little bit with Noah until Wyatt was all done with his workouts.

I pulled the diaper bag over my shoulders just in case Noah needed something while we were away from the car before heading off to the football field. I figured I would check to see if the football boys were all there first because I knew they were either on the field or in the weight room. I bounced Noah lightly to get him to doze back to sleep and kissed his head gently.

When I finally arrived at the football field I saw all of the boys in a huddle, looking like they were just finishing practice. I decided to hang around the gate until most of the boys ventured into the locker room. When most of the boys had disbursed, I walked through the gate and into the field where I found Wyatt packing up his things.

"You ready to head out?" I asked Wyatt as he stripped his sweat soaked shirt off and replaced it with a dry shirt.

"Yeah," He said as he sprayed some cologne on himself to mask his workout scent. He threw his bag over his shoulder before leaning down to give me a kiss, then planting one on the top of Noah's head. "How's he been?"

I shrugged, "He's mostly just been sleeping. It sucks that his most active times to be awake are when we're at school." Noah was usually wide awake and active during the late morning and early afternoon and then again around eight in the evening.

"At least he's still cute when he's sleeping," Wyatt said, running his hand over Noah's head.

"Hey Wyatt!" A voice called out from behind us as we started to head towards the gates. Wyatt and I both turned around a found a boy that I was unfamiliar with running after us. He looked a little younger than us, but I couldn't pinpoint his exact age.

"Kaden, right? I'm still trying to learn names," Wyatt asked as the boy stopped in front of us.

"Yeah, that's me," the boy said.

"So, what's up?" Wyatt asked him.

Kaden looked confused for a moment, but then realized he was the one who had called out Wyatt's name, "Oh, yeah! I was wondering if maybe sometime you could show me how you get the ball to go so far down the field with like wicked accuracy?"

"Sure man, how about we set up a time soon?" Wyatt asked.

Kaden smiled and nodded eagerly, "That sounds awesome!"

"Alright, well I have to head out, but I'll see you around." Wyatt told him.

"Definitely! Your kid is really cute by the way," Kaden told us.

Wyatt laughed as he glanced down at Noah, the side of his face smushed against my chest as he snoozed away, "Thanks man."

Kaden gave us one last wave before he went running back towards the locker rooms.

"What grade is he in?" I asked Wyatt.

"I think he's a sophomore, he has hopes of being quarterback when I leave, but he needs to work on his passes to get there," Wyatt informed me.

"He seems sweet," I noted as we headed out of the stadium and towards the parking lot.

"He's a pretty nice kid, kinda reserved though," He added in.

"Sound like somebody I know," I said, nudging Wyatt with my elbow.

"I was just raised to not be a douche, being nice comes with the package," He said pulling the car door open for me to put Noah back in his car seat.