♡ eight ♡

"Honey what is so urgent that you had to call me ten times?" My mother asked after she finally picked up her phone.

"A man who claimed to be my father just showed up at our doorstep," I muttered, tears welling in my eyes. I was so overwhelmed with emotions that the only way my body could express it was through tears. Wyatt sat next to me, a comforting hand running up and down my back in repeated motions.

Mom stayed silent for a moment, "What did he look like?" She asked.

"He had dark hair and dark brown eyes and he—" I paused, attempting to collect my thoughts, "He looked just like Grayson."

Mom sighed, "Then that is most likely your father then. I'm sure he has changed a lot since the last time I've seen him and from the photos we have."

"Mom, what am I supposed to do? He came knocking on our door and I told him that if he wanted to speak to me he needed to speak to you. What if he comes back?" I gushed out, words falling out of my mouth father than I could collect my thoughts.

"You did the right thing honey, don't worry about him, I'm sure he'll come looking for me and I'll take care of the situation. As for right now, I think you need to take a moment to decompress, Kennedy," Mom informed me through the phone.

"Okay, Mom," I sighed.

"I have to get back to work honey, please don't worry anymore, okay?" She questioned.

"Alright," I mumbled.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Mom," I said before hanging up the phone.

"This day literally can't get any worse," I mumbled leaning into Wyatt's chest.

He ran his hands over my arms, "How about we go take a nap?" He suggested already standing up and grabbing the baby before heading upstairs. I followed after them and laid down in my bed as soon as I could. Wyatt laid down next to me after setting Noah in his crib and pulled a blanket over us.

"Go to sleep, sleep is good," he whispered into my ear before burying his face into the crook of my neck.

I sighed before shutting my eyes and listening to Wyatt's breathing as I attempted to drift off to sleep.

Apparently, I feel asleep rather quickly because next thing I knew it was two hours later and Grayson was knocking on my bedroom door.

"What do you want, Gray?" I called through the door.

"We need to talk, Kennedy!" He called from the other side. I stretched before swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, Wyatt was still sleeping, so I pulled the blanket back over him before kissing his cheek.

I checked on Noah who was awake, so I picked him up and took him with me. I made my exit from my room to find Grayson waiting right outside my door.

"Mom called me," He started, following behind me as I headed to the kitchen.

"And I'm assuming she told you what I told her?" I asked, already knowing exactly where this conversation was heading.

"Well yeah. Why didn't you call me, Kennedy?" He insisted.

I sighed and turned around to face him, "Look Gray, I was really flustered by the whole thing and only thought to call Mom. I'm sure you would have been the same way if our so-called father showed up and you answered the door," I informed him.

I paused before chuckling, "Plus, him showing up really doesn't matter that much because he has been so out if touch with our lives for basically the entire time we've been alive. He thought Wyatt was you, he couldn't even recognize his own son."

"Damn," Grayson muttered, sitting down on one of the island stools.

"I hate to be so pessimistic, but he has to have ulterior motives for being here other than just wanting to re-enter our lives as if nothing happened in the past between Mom and him and he didn't walk out on all of us years ago," I groaned as I sat down next to him.

There was a silence between the two of us for a moment, "What did he want?" Grayson finally asked.

"He never actually said what he wanted," I started, "Our conversation lasted about two minutes of which he told me how big I was and then he tried to step into the house even though I was clearly blocking the door."

"That sounds like a real creeper move if I've ever heard one," Gray mumbled.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled glancing down at Noah in my arms.

"He didn't see Noah, did he?" Grayson wished to confirm.

I contemplated how to tell him what had happened, "Well, he kinda did. Wyatt came to ask me what was going on since I was at the door longer than would be presumed without either turning a person away or letting them in and he had Noah in his arms. That's when he thought Wyatt was you and went as far to say he was surprised Mom had had another baby."

"And?" Grayson asked, wishing for me to continue.

"Then I told him Wyatt was my boyfriend and Noah was our baby and then told him he needed to speak to my mother if he wished to speak with me and the I slammed the door in his face," I finished.

Grayson rubbed his hands over his face, "This is just so weird, Ken, I thought we would never see or hear from Dad again and now he just showed up randomly and wishes to be invited into our home? None of this adds up.

"Trust me, I know."

I contemplated telling Grayson about seeing him at the grocery store, and decided to because I knew he would find out sooner or later, "It gets weirder, if you can believe that."

Grayson gave me a puzzled look, "What do you mean it got weirder?"

"Before he knocked on the door, I caught him staring at me at the grocery store. I didn't even know it was him in that moment, but I recognized him as the guy from the grocery store as soon as opened the front door."

Grayson laughed out of frustration,"Okay, what the actual hell? He watched you at the grocery store and then followed you home and tried to get you to let him in our home?"

I sighed, "All I am praying for is that he doesn't decide to hang around any longer and he leaves just as fast as he showed up."

"Yeah, we don't even need him because we've got Mom and each other," Grayson reminded me, nudging me with his elbow.

I smiled, "Yeah, who needs a dad when they have an awesome twin looking out for them?"

"And I promise Kenny, whatever Dad did show up here for, I—we won't let him do anything to hurt us," Grayson promised me.

"Pinky promise?" I questioned, holding my pinky out to him.

A small smile broke out on his face, "Pinky promise."

I smiled back at Grayson, I knew as long as I had him by my side, everything would be okay.

-----

Hi everyone! I am so sorry it has been a month since I've updated and this chapter isn't the most exciting... Once school is out for the year I will be trying my hardest to update more :) anyways, thank you for sticking with me, Kennedy and Wyatt and my slow updates, all of you are the best!! Love you all!!!

xx - Sidney