♡ ten ♡

"And then my mom tells us that he wants to take us to court to get the money that he believes is his when my grandparent stated explicitly in their will that the money should be split between my brother and I and nobody else," I finished explaining to Jess and Arden as we ate breakfast at our favorite breakfast place.

"That's messed up," Jess muttered, taking a bite of bacon.

"So the asshole stalks you and then tells your mother he is going to try and take all of your money?" Arden confirmed.

I shuttered, "That still bothers me that he literally followed me home. Like I know he's my dad and stuff and without him I wouldn't even exist in this world, but he's also a creeper and that is more important to me."

"God babe, this sucks," Arden sighed, laying her hand over mine.

"We have a meeting with the lawyers later today, so hopefully we'll get most of the stuff figured out," I informed them.

"Keep us posted?" Jess inquired, pushing her finished plate away from her.

"Of course, you two have been there for me through everything so far, this is no different," I promised them.

"Well, give Noah a kiss for us and we wish you the best of luck at your meeting," Arden requested as she scooted out of the booth and pulled me into a hug.

"I'll see you two on Monday," I told both of them as I gave Jess a hug. I gave them one last wave goodbye before paying and heading out of the restaurant.

On my way home I contemplated the idea of possibly getting a car of my own, since Grayson and I shared a car; that meant whenever I needed a car but Grayson was using it, I had to borrow Wyatt's. While it hadn't been as big of a deal before, now that I had a baby, I had a lot of places that I needed to go to and having an unreliable car situation just didn't work with my given circumstances.

I pulled into my driveway and didn't hesitate to turn off the car and head back inside. Although I had become more comfortable with leaving Noah, it always felt so good to go back home to my baby boy.

"I'm home!" I called out, kicking my shoes off onto the mat next to the front door.

"On the couch!" Grayson called back. I walked a few places into out living room to find Grayson and Wyatt watching some show and Noah asleep in the baby pillow.

"Hey," I smiled, walking over to Wyatt and giving him a kiss.

"Hey, how was breakfast?" He asked.

"It was great, Jess and Arden are literally the best friends a girl could ask for," I informed him before getting interrupted by my brother.

He cleared his throat in an over-the-top fashion, so I turned to look at him. "So?" Grayson asked, eyeing the bag in my hand that contained two takeout containers.

"Yes Gray?" I responded, knowing exactly what he was getting at, but wanting him to say the words.

"Did you bring food for us?" He asked.

"Yes I did, do you want it?" I teased before setting the bag down in the coffee table. Grayson nodded eagerly as I pulled one if the containers and handed it to him.

I did the same to Wyatt before throwing both of them plastic fork and knife sets that had come with the meals.

"Hey Gray, you owe me seven dollars for that," I informed him.

"Seven dollars? How come I owe you money and Wyatt doesn't?" Grayson whined, hash browns filling his mouth.

"Because Wyatt and I have a baby together, the money each of us has is basically shared already," I told him, sitting down in the couch next to Wyatt.