♡ fifteen ♡

"Hey sunshine, you look fantastic today," Arden said as I sat down at the lunch table probably looking like an actual zombie.

"I didn't sleep a wink last night, Noah cried the entire night, we even took him for a car ride and it didn't help at all," I mumbled as I let my head fall into my hands.

"Then why are you here?" She asked.

"I had that massive test in Stats that I couldn't miss, you know how Mrs. Kence is about making up tests."

"We'll you're done with it now, you should go home," Arden told me, he eyes softening as she placed her hand on my arm gently.

"My teachers are starting to het pissy about my special privileges, if I miss anymore school I'm worried it's going to tank my grades."

"You're a mom for heavens sake, they've got to cut you a little slack," She grumbled.

I sighed, shaking my head, "That's what admin told them too, but that's not what the C I got on that English essay I turned in a day late, because of Noah's doctors appointment, says."

"Hessler have you a C on that essay? She's never marked people down for late work before!" Jess exclaimed as she sat down next to me.

"I know! And I asked her why I got such a low grade and she literally answered that the paper was late and her rubric took off hefty points for late work."

"I'm calling bullshit, I also turned it in a day late and got an A," James muttered, his lunch tray clattering on the table.

"Why is everyone out to get me now?" I exclaimed, burying my face further into my hands.

"You can always go talk to admin, they know your situation better than anyone and they can put an end to it," Jess reminded me.

I scoffed, "Yeah and then my teachers would hate me even more."

"What about Wyatt? Is he having the same issues?" Arden asked.

I shook my head, "No! All the teachers adore him and they know if they start failing him he won't be able to play football."

"But they can fail you because you're the one who actually had the baby? This system is so messed up," Grayson mumbled.

"Where is Wyatt anyway?" James asked.

"He's taking with his coach. He said something about how coach is saying he's not focused enough on football now that he has a girlfriend and baby," I answered.

"Does coach not realize how much football mean to him and his future?" Grayson asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Apparently not, all he sees is his star quarterback having feelings for a person and not just football."

"Well when Wyatt gets back here, I think both of you need to go home and sleep. Noah is at Wyatt's parents house for the day right? Just go home and sleep Kennedy, please." Arden begged me.

"But my—" I started.

"All of us will handle the teachers, they have no right to treat you like shit," Jess promised me.

I sighed, contemplating the pros and cons of leaving school in my head, "Okay fine, but somebody needs to bring our school work to us after school."

"Jess and I will bring it home for you," Gray agreed.

I have him a small smile before standing up, "I'm going to go find Wyatt then. I'll see all of you later." They all gave me well wishes before I departed from the table, heading down the hallway to the athletic office, where our schools football coach worked.