1

A ghost haunted the Institute. Davina was like a phantom, rarely ever seen by her fellow shadowhunters. The only time the strawberry blonde left her room was when there was a brief about Jace or when it was her turn to patrol.

Her door was avoided by all but two people. Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane. The two men were the only ones allowed to pass the threshold into the Seelie Princess' room. Both men were worried about the young woman. She was a shell of who she once was, wasting away into nothing. Her face was gaunt, her eyes had constant dark circles around them. The once sparkling emerald green had become a dull shade of the once vibrant colour.

She had begun to waste away, her bones beginning to become visible. The young woman would spend hours at her desk, a pencil in her hand as she tried to summon some kind of vision, anything that may lead her towards Jace.

That day, Davina, Isabelle and Magnus, along with Lydia, made their way to the heart of the Institute. Alec eventually met up with them, leaving the training room.

"Any word from the Clave?" Davina asks.

"Not yet," Lydia replies. "We've been trying for the past four hours, something's up"

"Hmm, the Clave being unhelpful? Who's shocked? Show of hands?" Magnus asks.

Davina pulls up a view of Brooklyn from the table as she begins marking spots that had been searched and spots that are points of interest in the search.

"I'm worried. I can't sense Jace through our parabatai bond"

Davina glances at Alec, trying to hide the concern she was feeling.

"We'll find him, Alexander," Magnus says, trying to soothe his stressed boyfriend.

"When we arrested Hodge, he said Valentine was on a ship. They must still be over water," Isabelle says.

"Pull up the waterways around New York," Alec says.

Davina presses a few points on the table before the waterways of New York appear before them. Davina presses another button and green spots show up along the map.

"Area where demonic energy has changed to points of interest," Davina says.

"The ship couldn't have gone too far," Davina says.

"Anything?" Alec glances at Magnus who was holding a t-shirt of Jace's, trying to track his through his magic.

"Sorry," Magnus says.

"There's gotta be something!"

"I don't see him," Magnus says.

"All right, listen up! I want 24/7 monitoring of the Hudson and the East Rivers. If you see anything unusual, you come to me first," Alec says.

"I've got this, Alec," Lydia says.

"Then why haven't you found Jace yet?"

"Don't forget who you're talking to. I am still the head of this Institute" Lydia says.

"And my brother is still missing!" Alec snaps.

"Why don't you just take a break?" Isabelle says softly to Alec.

"Not now, Izzy," Alec says.

"Isabelle's right, and it's not a request. You're dismissed" Lydia says.

"Fine!"

"We should be out there in the field, looking for Jace," Davina says, coming to Alec's defence.

"There's not much we can do without the Clave's approval,"