27

Davina and Jace are training, their swords clashing together harshly. Imogen is watching them and Clary is stood next to her. Jace takes a look at Imogen and then turns back to Davina.

"Think if she ever smiled, her face would crack?" Jace asks.

"Don't be so hard on her. Can't be easy being a Herondale"

"Oh, yeah. You know, it must be tough being like Shadowhunter royalty. All that power, prestige"

"From what Luke said, she was a very warm person before her son died"

"Oh, I have no doubt"

Jace kicks Davina's sword away. She goes to pick it up. One of Jace's runes lights up. His eyes light up too. With an insane jump, he's suddenly in front of Davina and he leans down so their lips are ghosting each other's.

"Enough!"

Imogen approaches them. Jace jumps back and is now behind Imogen who turns to Clary.

"Sun rune. Try again"

Imogen gives Clary a stele. Clary draws the rune on the palm of her hand. It doesn't work.

"So you've created new runes in the past, and now suddenly they don't work anymore"

"What are you saying? She's lying?"

"She is Valentine's daughter," Imogen says.

"We're done for today," Jace says.

Jace walks out of the courtyard.

"You're right. I am Valentine's daughter. But I am not my father. I know your son died while serving in the Circle. Valentine also took the person I loved more than anything. My mom" Clary says.

"Your friend's right. We're done for today"

Imogen nods and then leaves, leaving Clary standing there with tears in her eyes and Davina comfortingly rubs her shoulder.

Davina knocks on Magnus' front door and the warlock quickly opens it.

"Jace, Davina. Thank you so much for coming"

"Yeah, of course," Jace says.

Magnus lets the couple in.

"Uh, so what's this surprise you want us to help plan for Alec?" Davina asks.

"I hope there's liquor involved," Jace says and Davina nudges him.

"But a margarita would be nice," Davina says and Magnus clicks his fingers and a margarita floats over to Davina. "Thank you"

There's a sly smile around Magnus' lips when Davina drinks the margarita.

"What's up?" Jace asks.

"Nothing. It's just nice us all being like this. Like friends. It's a shame that it has to end" Magnus says.

Magnus walks away for a bit.

"What?"

Magnus turns around and throws a fireball at Jace. Jace is now in handcuffs and watches as Davina's eyes roll back and she falls to the floor, the glass in her hand smashing. Jace's feet are frozen to the floor as Magnus lifts Davina from the floor and places her on his couch.

There's a knock on the door. Magnus opens it, it's Valentine. He looks in to see Jace sat on the couch, an asleep Davina sat next to him

"I came alone, per your demand"

"Of course you have"

Magnus pulls Valentine inside and puts his wards up at the front door.

Davina was running through a snowy landscape. She wasn't sure who was chasing her but all she knew was she had to get away because this person, they were dangerous and they were there to hurt her. Her legs burn as she runs, the person following her was walking with ease.

Her leg was bleeding from a cut in her thigh so her run was more of a quick stumble. She turns her head to see who's following her and her eyes widen. It was a redheaded man, who bore an eerie resemblance to Clary.

"Davina, running is useless!"

Davina feels the cold begin to overtake her and she closes her eyes before falling down a large snowy hill, her body rolling before stopping at the bottom.

"Why isn't she waking up?" Imogen asks as Jace paces the length of the infirmary.

As if on cue, Davina takes in a deep breath as her eyes open.

"Oh thank the angel," Jace says, rushing to Davina's bedside.

"Jonathan" Davina whispers.

"What?"

"Jonathan Morgenstern" Davina says. "The real one, he's still alive and he wants revenge"

 "The real one, he's still alive and he wants revenge"