3

"JOCELYN!"

Davina stands facing the woman, maintaining a distance from the woman who was wielding a crossbow. Jocelyn's eyes widen in disbelief, witnessing the fury etched on Davina's face as she stares at the older female.

"You'd kill your own son?"

"You're blinded by your love for him," Jocelyn attempts to reason with Davina who shakes her head.

"You can't manipulate me as easily as you can Clary," Davina states. "Jace is not Valentine, Jocelyn"

"He was raised by him,"

"So?" Davina asks. "There is good in Jace which is why I won't let you hurt him"

"I won't let anyone get in my way," Jocelyn raises her crossbow and points it at Davina.

Davina stares at Jocelyn, not a hint of fear on her face as her eyes glow green. A body slamming into hers distracts her as she's sent crashing to the floor. Davina opens her eyes to see Jace covering her body with his as an arrow whizzes past them.

"Ah, that's my boy," Valentine says. "Ever the romantic"

Valentine grabs Jace by the back of his jacket and begins to pull him away from Davina who is quick to scramble to her feet.

"Jace!"

A foreboding fills Davina's senses and she turns, her hand raising into the air as she catches an arrow from Jocelyn's crossbow. Davina stares at the arrow in her hand in shock before looking at Jocelyn who was reloading, preparing to take aim at her son once again.

Davina breaks into a sprint, tackling Jace out of the line of fire, similarly to how he had done the same for her only moments earlier. Valentine lets out a yell of pain as an arrow strikes him in the shoulder. The man rips the arrow out of his shoulder before heading over to where Davina and Jace are catching their breath on the floor.

Davina cries out in pain when Valentine grabs her by her hair, Jace's protests filling her ears as her scalp burns.

"DAVINA!" Clary's shouts fill her ears before it all goes black.

Davina's eyes open to find herself in a cage, needles in her arms. Her eyes scan the room to see all different kinds of Downworlders in cages, some having their blood taken and others having substances pumped into them. Davina grabs the tubes and rips the needles out of her arms, quietly crying out in pain through gritted teeth.

"Your Highness," A Seelie says, bowing slightly.

"Where are we?"

"Valentine's ship of doom," Another says.

The door slams open and the Downworlders cower back, falling silent as a figure enters the room.

"So you're the elusive Seelie Princess,"

"And you're a piece of shit," Davina retorts.

The Shadowhunter steps into the cage and gets close to Davina's ear, grabbing her hair tightly and she flinches.

"I would watch how you speak to me your Highness," He says. "You have no power here"

"Thomas, let her go"

Davina watches as Valentine walks into the room and he gives Davina a grin. Davina glares at the man who is unfazed by the fury in the female's face.

"Miss Rollins- Fae- Branwell" Valentine says. "Which do you prefer?"

"Rollins"

"Miss Rollins here is protected," Valentine says. "You see my son, Jace, is in love with her"