Nineteen

"So, you will do nothing on this matter?" The sneer in his voice was clear as Lucius Malfoy looked at the pathetic excuse of a Wizard and Minister of Magic before him. The man was a pawn, never thinking fully for himself. He didn't know how he got to the position he was in now.

"Lucius, I do not want to do anything against Dumbledore, not after last year." The man gave a nervous look to the other Wizard. "I will not embarrass myself trying to either. If Dumbledore is trying to sweep this under the rug, then I've no doubt he will be able to."

Cornelius Fudge, pulled at the neck of his robes, uncomfortable under the cold glare he was receiving. "I know you have a problem with Dumbledore, but with this matter, I can not help you. For all we know your son could have the wrong information and everything was an accident."

Lucius's lip curled at the tone the man used talking about his son. "My son would not give me information about an attempt of murder without just cause. I say you are letting Dumbledore have too much power."

Lucius cut the man off before he could open his mouth to say anything against it, "If you do not want to help, I will find a different way. I don't need the Ministry to get things done..." He paused looking at the paling man sitting before him. "Yes, it would have gotten done faster, but with how serious the matter is, something will be done." Lucius arose from the chair, cane in hand as he straightened his robes out, brushing away any invisible wrinkles. "Have a good day Minister. You will be hearing from me again." He then turned, leaving a sputtering man calling out for him.

Lucius didn't bother sparing the man a look. He had plans for the day. He had gone to the Minster to hopefully get things done faster, but it seems that just wasn't meant to be.

He would have to see if getting the help of the girl's mother would make things go faster. Though he had a feeling Blaise Zabini had already contacted his Mother and she would start things going on her end. If the two of them and the girl's mother made a fuss about this, something would most certainly get done.

Quickly making his way out of the Ministry of Magic, he stepped up to an apparating point before he disappeared. He had to walk a good distance to get to the home of the Higurashi family. They had a small plot of land away from most. If he remembered correctly, there was a Higurashi in the Potions Guild. Living out here would be good for growing one's ingredients.

His grey eyes flickered around the property, a frown on his face as he felt something prickle at the back of his mind. The still of the air around him, the silence which had settled in an unnerving stasis. It was a familiar feeling that came after the chaos of a raid...or an unknown attack. Taking his wand out, he cautiously made his way into the property. He could feel the dark atmosphere around this place. Lucius' instincts had never been wrong, and he made sure to follow them.

As he entered the home, he quietly made his way through the foyer, checking every shadow along every wall. When he got to the kitchen, he stilled, taking a deep breath, he tried to fight off a wave of nausea. The smell was heavy, chromatic, rotting. Illuminating the whole room with a shift of his wand, his eyes settled on a figure that lay lifeless on the table.

Lucius closed his eyes and heaved a sigh. Walking away to make sure the home was clear, once he knew it was he looked the bloody figure over. It was pinned to the table, as if on display. He saw the vacant look on the woman's face. He moved back a couple steps to get away from the decaying smell.

He had authorities to call, the Ministry would have to be involved now, no matter what Fudge wanted. After that, he'd need to get in contact with Severus. Certainly, Severus would be the one to tell either Zabini or Higurashi what has transpired in the Higurashi home.