Chapter One

"Not fair..." Breathlessly, a young girl of fifteen stopped her running as she placed her hands on her knees, eyes closed, and heart racing, she tried to calm herself before she opened her eyes and straightened up, still trying to catch her breath. 'I shouldn't have to run away from my own house mates!' She glared at the ground, but the emotion was false, she couldn't hate them, she knew she was withdrawn and quiet, even by Ravenclaw standards.

"Kagome!"

A laugh from behind drew blue crystallite like eyes. A girl was walking up to her, and she didn't particularly like her, but she didn't really dislike her. She talked with her, well...teased her was more like it, and badly too, but Kagome knew better than to run from her. She had her friends chase her down; and why? Just so she could throw some hurtful words at her, but that was better than what some of the other Ravenclaw's did. She'd rather be demoralized than damaged on a more physical level.

"Cho..." Kagome said carefully. She didn't understand why this girl who was normally easy going and nice, was always causing her problems, it was her that told the others in Ravenclaw to mess with her, and no one would argue with the Ravenclaw Princess.

"Aren't you going to ask me how my day is?" She smiled brightly.

Wondering curiously if she was, perhaps, in a good mood and not set on tormenting her, Kagome gave a small smile and asked, "How is your day?"

"Wonderful, I got to talk with one of the cutest guys in school, and that makes me happy..."

Kagome looked past Cho and frowned, a few of the other girls had caught up with Cho, and there weren't many people around that would try to intervene if they decided to mess with her, and she doubted if there were more if they would even spare her a look.

"Tell me Kagome," Cho continued, "Do you have a crush on anyone?"

Kagome frowned, if she thought about it, no, she didn't, but surely that didn't matter, did it?

"Haha, you don't do you! Sorry, I forgot, you don't have time to be a girl."

"Such a loser..."

"Complete mishap! She belongs in Hufflepuff!"

"Even they would outcast her,"

The three girls behind Cho laughed, but Cho didn't, she smiled, and looked at Kagome, as if daring her to deny the claim.

She wasn't sure what exactly had caused her to say anything at all, she should have just turned and walked off, she should have just left it as it was...she should have...why didn't she...

"That isn't true!" Her voice was louder than she'd meant, and it drew in some curious looks.

"Oh, then why not prove it?" One of the girls said from behind Cho.

"Yeah, go kiss the guy you're crushing on,"

"Unless you don't have a crush..."

The three girls laughed again, and this time, Cho joined in. It was too much for Kagome, she turned, she took the hand of a guy, or so she hoped it was a guy. Her mind was completely fogged, she had always believed that she shouldn't let her emotions cloud her thoughts, and she had done just that. She leaned forward and her lips pressed gently but fervently to another's. It lasted a few moments, and then she broke it, turned, and looked at Cho. The girl who had always brought her such trouble had finally come to a loss of words. Staring shocked, gaping at what Kagome had just done.