Chapter Seventeen

Kagome stepped out of the way of a rather irate redhead, watching him storm past her as Hermione ran after him. "Everything alright, Hermione?"

The Golden Princess stopped and turned, huffing in annoyance, she shook her head and threw her hands up in the air. "I don't know...I honestly don't know! Ron and Harry got into a huge fight over Harry being a champion. You know, Ron seems sure that Harry put his name into the Goblet..."

"But he didn't?" Kagome asked, moving out of the way of a couple Gryffindors as they came making their way into the hall. She walked with Hermione beside her.

"Of course not!" Hermione rolled her eyes, "this whole thing is ridiculous!"

"What's got you wound up so tightly, Granger?"

Hermione seemed to turn red as she turned and rounded on a grinning Draco Malfoy, "I'm not interested in anything you have to say right now, Draco!" She turned away from him and stormed off.

Kagome paused, a bit miffed over Draco getting rid of the Gryffindor girl. A thought suddenly hit her and she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at Draco, "Since when were the two of you on a first name basis?"

Grayish blue eyes snapped dangerously to Kagome who waved him off, used to such angry looks in Ravenclaw. "I don't care, I just wondered if she even noticed her slip of the tongue." She felt a hand on her back and suddenly the ground was moving towards her faster than she could reach out and stop it. Thankfully, Draco caught her before she hit the floor. Looking to see who had pushed her, he stared angrily into the brown eyes of a Ravenclaw boy he knew by the name of Terry Boot. "What in Merlin's name do you think you're doing, Boot!"

"She was in my way, I simply moved her."

"Maybe next time you could go around." Draco narrowed his eyes at the Ravenclaw.

"You going to make me, Malfoy?" Terry smirked, glancing at Kagome who bowed her head nervously. She was held in Draco's arms and she knew she was safe with him, but Terry Boot was one of the guys who had a thing for Cho. One of the guys who took out his frustrations on Kagome when she upset her, or when Cho couldn't afford to waste the effort of dealing with Kagome herself.

"What's wrong, Kagome, aren't we old friends?"

She felt tears burning in her eyes, "Terry...I've done nothing to Cho...nothing to warrant this..."

Terry leaned over so that he was a nose away, not caring one bit that Draco could hear him. "What if I just wanted to have some fun with you? You seem to be spreading yourself thin enough with all of these Slytherin's, why not share the love?"

That had clearly pushed her too far, as she knocked Draco's arms off of her and lunged forward, punching Terry square in the nose, then again in the jaw. Tears falling relentlessly as Draco tried to grab her and pull her off of the prat.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Another pair of arms helped Draco and he turned to see one of the Weasley twins pulling Kagome off of the Terry. She was kicking the air, her face red, her knuckles touched with blood.

"Boot, get lost!" Draco sneered at him.

"I'll be sure the Professor hears about this!"

A feeling of déjà vu hit Draco hard as he recalled saying something similar about his father in years prior. Shaking his head, he turned to Kagome who was choking on sobs, her shoulders shaking as both the Twins held her as if she were the Weaselette. Draco moved in front of her, brushing her bangs from her eyes, he shook his head and sighed, "Kagome, lets go to Professor Flitwick. If we can talk to him and explain what happened before Terry gets to him..."