Chapter Eight

Blaise sighed as he finished writing his letter and had sent it out with his owl. He was going to make sure everything went as he planned. He couldn't afford to mess anything up.

If something went wrong, that could mean Kagome could get hurt. That isn't something he was willing to let happen.

She had already been hurt too many times in a small frame of time. It wasn't going to happen again.

Kagome Higurashi was his, meaning he had to make sure she was safe and provided for. Sure, he was still in school, but he would be damned if that stopped him.

He knew what he wanted, he didn't expect to find it.

When Kagome kissed him, he had been drawn in by her eyes. They were kind, and told her story though them. They showed pain, happiness, every emotion was in her eyes.

Blaise was used to cold eyes, or those eyes that would hide behind lies. When he heard why she kissed him, he had been a little hurt, if not amused at the same time.

Not many people, that weren't a Slytherin, would have the courage to kiss a snake. He was glad she did though. He may not have noticed her otherwise, and that would have been a shame. This girl, she was his now, and nothing was going to stop her from being so.

She may not like it now, or may not know how to react with such information...but he would try to get her to understand his emotions for her.

Blaise had not known her that long, be she was growing on him. She didn't filter or lie, she told you straight out. No playing around or games, she wanted answers she would get those answers.

Kagome was playful when she wanted to be. It was refreshing to be around her.

Draco had also seemed to have a liking to her. If he didn't know Draco like he did, Blaise would have thought he liked Kagome like he liked her.

Though Blaise did know better, and knew Draco was amused by Kagome, and was just starting to grow a bond with her.

Blaise was looking forward to see what other bonds she would form with the other Slytherins...Pansy especially.

Pansy had always been one to not sugarcoat anything, he had to wonder how the two would get along.

Sighing Blaise made his way into the shared part of the common room. He knew he had some time before Pansy and Kagome would be back.

He had some time before Kagome would want to talk to him...unless somehow Draco and Pansy said something that would explain the way he was acting...in nicer terms.

Blaise sat down in one of the chairs and closed his eyes, today seemed to be dragging on. Like it didn't want to end for some reason.

He had a bad feeling something was going to happen...he just didn't know what.

Blaise sat in silence for a few minutes before someone broke the silence by speaking.

"Shouldn't you be with Miss Higurashi, Mister Zabini." The voice made Blaise jump and glare at said voice.

"Professor," Blaise muttered, as he sighed. He should have known he would want to talk to him eventually.

"Is there something I can help you with sir?" Blaise asked, though he knew his head of house wanted to talk.

"Not now..." Severus Snape said, eyes glancing to around the portraits, "Though I think it best we do talk at some point this week..." He paused as he glanced at his student, "...there are something you need to know about Miss Higurashi..."

Blaise narrowed his eyes, if her teacher thought he needed to know something then he wouldn't argue, "Is there a time you want me to come see you."

The Potions master, glanced at the portrait when he heard it open, "When you have time in a couple of days time...I have things to attend to for now..." He turned and swept out of the room, just in time as Blaise saw Draco enter the room.

"Ah...Draco...where is my little raven?"

"Probably running from a determined Pansy, if I had my guess." Draco sat down on the lounge couch in the common room and laid his head back on the arm of the couch.

"You look exhausted,"

"Bored, don't mistake the two." Draco glanced curiously at his Italian friend and smirked, "You have that look in your eyes, as if you are planning something."

"Ah, thats just my natural cunning,"

Rolling his eyes, Draco let his head fall back down, "I haven't heard anything on that Chang girl, did you find her?"

"Found her, yeah, but payback never goes over too well when you are a Slytherin. I was heading to the lake with her, and...well, while listening to her talk the entire time. She seemed to think I wanted to ask her out, because she was going for a very long description of her favorite pastimes, and how happy she was I was talking to her...after...what was it she called Kagome? Oh, after that reject-ravenclaw embarrassed her and made her look like the bad guy when all she was trying to do was help her out."

"I'm sorry, I fail to see how she was helping her?"

"...yeah...she is in some weird delusion that Kagome is the evil being, and she is an innocent bird unable to do anything. All that talk was driving me crazy...so while I'm glad it ended, I'm disappointed that I wasn't the one who ended it. That damn McGonagall called me out on it, and told Cho to not going walking off too far from a teachers line of sight. They've got her on a leash, but its too bloody loose in my opinion!"

Draco laughed, "No noose?"

"Ah...sadly no. Dangle her from the Ravenclaw Tower, blame it on peeves."

The two laughed at the idea when the door opened and they turned to see Pansy and Kagome both talking softly with one another, Kagome seemed relatively happier than when Blaise had seen her earlier, making a mental note to talk to Pansy about what had changed his Raven's mood, he stood and made his way over to the two young ladies. Pansy grabbed Kagomes things and made her way past Blaise, excusing herself from the room with Draco walking off behind them

"Can we talk?" Blaise asked.

Kagome looked at him, she turned her eyes to her feet and sighed, "Sure...what about?" Her throat still sore, her voice was kept soft to keep from causing irritation.

"I wanted to apologize, I took you from your house, and your friends, without considering your feelings, I acted rashly..."

Kagome frowned, this wasn't like Blaise, "You don't mean any of that, do you,"

He looked her in the eyes and sighed, "I am sorry, but I don't regret it," he stepped close to Kagome and watched her take a step back, this pattern continued with them exchanging steps until he had her back pressed up against the Slytherin Common Room wall. No one was present right now, and the only other two there, had left to their own rooms. "I don't regret a signal thing, because you are here...and you are safe." He leaned forward so that his forehead was touching hers, forcing her eyes on his, "Don't hate me Kagome...I don't know if I could take that, when I've become so interested in you." He leaned in and closed the space between them, kissing her soundly on the lips, he took pride in the intake of breath, the soft gasp she let out from surprise, and the hands which had clutched his school robes suddenly from her shock.

The sound of the Slytherin door opening caused him to pull back and lean in to her ear, he whispered softly to her, "You never should have kissed me...now I'll never let you go." Then, stepping away as a few Slytherins entered, he smirked and walked away.

Kagome wasn't sure what to feel, her head was spinning, reeling this way and that, and her lips were tingling at the touch no longer there. She mentally cursed her luck before quickly walking off in the direction Pansy had gone, hoping to find the girl and her room for some nice and highly anticipated sleep.