Chapter Nine

Kagome sat stubbornly down at the Slytherin Table. True to Blaise's word, she had been moved to Pansy's room, to share the two bedroom dorm with the viper. She had been doing surprisingly well in avoiding most things. Talks with the Potions Professor (leaving class before he could tell her to stay), Cho Chang (not sitting by her in the few classes Ravenclaw and Slytherin share and never traveling without a snake in her midsts, usually Pansy), finally...Blaise Zabini (by waking up and leaving the common room before he woke up or going to her room before he returned to the common room). After a while, she had to wonder if this could be classified as cowardly or really good planning. She figured the former, but preferred the latter of the two.

Looking around the Grand Hall, she noted the slight change of decor. The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students had arrived a little while ago, by thestral pulled carriages and underwater ship no less. Now the students of Hogwarts needed to 'be patient' and await their soon to be 'temporary' classmates. Oh the joys of new students. Kagome felt a nudge and turned to Pansy who had become a 'friend'. She only had one, really, Luna 'Loony' Lovegood. She was weird, and a little bit unorthodox, but she was as real as they came. "What is it?"

"Blaise wants to talk to you later."

"He always wants to talk to me later, I'm busy."

"Doing what?" Pansy asked exasperatedly.

Kagome grinned, "Avoiding him."

The two shared a laugh as Blaise and Draco pointed curious looks their way. She was getting comfortable with the chill air that hung in the common rooms of the Slytherin Dungeons, and she was starting to get used to her new accommodations, as well as the slight color changes made to her uniform...but if he expected her to hold her arms wide open and embrace his absurd idea of her 'belonging' to him...he had another thing coming. She wasn't anyone's property, and she'd stressed that enough vocally...she wasn't really sure how else to let him know that she was her own person, and not his to 'own'.

x-X-x

Blaise was frustrated, no, more than that. Ever since he had her moved to the Slytherin dorms, Kagome had been able to avoid him.

He didn't like it one bit, though Draco had found the whole situation rather humorous.

He wanted to talk to her, but Blaise could never catch her in time. She was rather good at disappearing when he came around.

Draco who was sitting beside him gave a small smirk as he took a bite of his breakfast, "Are you going to confront her yet? Or let things go about as they are."

Blaise frowned before a sigh left his lips, "I am going to try to get her off guard, but she is rather good at avoiding me..." And she was, much to his annoyance. Her being around Pansy wasn't helping and was making him question if he should have introduced the two of them at all.

"She is rather good at it, it seems." Draco observed, he thought it was amusing to see Kagome avoid Blaise. He had to give her props to be able to do it so well.

The Italian narrowed his eyes, not saying anything. This earned a small chuckle from Draco as the two sat in silence.

It wasn't that long before people started to leave the Great Hall. Blaise kept his eyes on his raven the whole time. He wanted to leave at the same time so he could catch her before class.

They needed to talk.

Not even five minutes later, Blaise watched as Kagome got up to leave, Pansy following behind her. He gave Draco a small smirk, "That is my cue."

Draco gave him a small nod, before he went back to eating. He didn't need to be there when Blaise caught the little raven. He was just fine where he was, eating his breakfast, "Have fun."

Blaise smirked before getting up and going after his little raven. He stayed a few feet behind her as they made their way through the halls.

Pansy who was very adapt to being aware of her surroundings saw Blaise. She gave him a wink as she started to walk slower as they were about to round a corner.

Blaise gave her a nod, and made his move as Pansy left the two of them unnoticed by Kagome.

Blaise grabbed her by the arm and pinned her against the wall away from any prying eyes if they came along.

Kagome gave a small squeak when she felt her back hit the wall and Blaise hovering over her, his blue eyes looking at right into her own blue ones.

"Finally..." Blaise muttered, "You really need to learn avoiding me will do you no good..."

Kagome narrowed her eyes, "What made you think I was avoiding you?...I've just been busy." She knew it was a lame excuse but that was all she could come up with at the moment.

Blaise chuckled, "You and I both know that is an excuse...a very bad attempt at one too." He leaned forward his nose almost touching hers, "Now...would you like to tell me why you have been avoiding me..."

Kagome stayed silent, she didn't want to say a thing to him as of right now. He couldn't make her talk...right?