Chapter Sixteen

"I can't believe I'm actually considering this..." Draco glanced down at a letter he'd been writing for almost an hour now. True to his word, he had sent Pansy to her room a few hours later to wake Kagome. By which point he'd had plenty of time to explain what had just taken place in Dumbledore's office. Pansy had surprised both of them when she brought up the fact that none of these problems would even be a thought if Kagome was a Malfoy. Naturally, it was taken as a joke...but those words lingered in his head. She was right. The Malfoy name came with a great many perks. Sure, he dealt with his own drama, but...things like this would be easily rectified. Cho would be sentenced to a minimum of three years in a rehabilitation center for crazy under-aged witches, and Kagome wouldn't be dealing with anymore drama in concern to Cho and her behavior. Sadly, adopting someone wasn't something that the Malfoy's were known to do, nor would they be able to since Kagome had a family already. Still, perhaps he could do something...with some help from his father.

"Oi, Malfoy!"

Draco shook his head and turned to look over his shoulder at whoever had called out to him. "If it isn't the Weasel Twins, what do I owe the pleasure? Or, is it...misfortune?"

Fred grinned, "This bloke thinks he's funny."

"Ai, he does Fred..." George laughed. "We saw something interesting in the library not too long ago."

"Something very interesting...I wager the whole school would forget about the problems with Higurashi and Chang if this got out."

"Oh? Do tell," Draco said, boredom heavy in his tone. Not paying them much attention as he finished going over his letter before tying them to the feet of different Owl's.

"Well Fred, it seems like he's not all that interested,"

"I guess we could just let it slip by word of mouth, George,"

Draco frowned, glaring up at the two before standing, "if you two dunderheads really think it'll stop the verbal drama that Kagome's dealing with, than I maintain, let slip whatever gossip you see fit." He made to leave when George and Fred slipped in front of him, blocking his way out of the owlery.

"Even if it has to do with you?"

That caught his attention, Draco paused and stared in a state of befuddlement at the ginger haired twins, "...I'm listening..."

"He seemed awfully close to Hermione in the library, wouldn't you say, George?"

'Merlin's sake!' Draco closed his eyes and sighed, "what is it you want!" He snapped.

George looked to Fred, Fred looked to George, they smirked and turned back to Draco who met their devious grins with a look of annoyance. "Gryffindor house...leave all of them alone, or word will spread faster than Fiendfyre." George said simply.

"That's it?" Draco asked with more uncertainty than what befitted his lineage. To be honest, he wasn't paying Gryffindor's much attention since he met Kagome. "Sure, now get out of my way."

"...this goes for all of Slytherin House, Malfoy." Fred added to his brothers terms.

Shaking his head for a second time, Draco gave the twins an incredulous look, "as if I can stop my House from messing with yours. We have our strays too, you know. I'm having trouble keeping them from attacking our own, I have no time to be delegating instructions to anyone."

"Must not care for what people think of a Malfoy and Muggleborn being in a relationship."

Draco was seriously contemplating ways to which he could get away with murder, 'oh, wait...I'm a Slytherin, that would land me in Azkaban...unlike a certain raven bitch.' He sighed, "I'll have a discussion with my house, and let it be known that Gryffindors are...strictly...off limits."