Chapter Three

Kagome was walking through the halls, it was empty, since most everyone was either in class, the great hall, or library. No one was wandering the halls at this time, but rather, studying, and relaxing from classes. Kagome however had skipped two classes now, and not on purpose! The first was technically Blaise, and Draco's fault, and the second was...okay, the second class she skipped was her fault, but she still blamed the Slytherin duo she'd managed to escape from only an hour and a half ago.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you..." She mocked in a high pitched tone that was far from Blaise's normal soft, and daring tone. "never make yourself interesting to a Slytherin..." she added irritably in that same pitch, "...unless you want to belong to one..." she rolled her eyes, "What am I supposed to say to that anyways?" Sighing, she continued down the hall and banked to the right before a group of Gryffindors rounded the corner, successfully avoiding them with a slight of step.

She made her way towards the Ravenclaw tower, since she was positive Cho would be in Charms now, she was quick to make her way to the picture in front of Ravenclaw dormitory.

"A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?"

Kagome thought the riddle over in her head before smiling thoughtfully, "The third room, a room filled with lions that haven't eaten in three years is a room filled with dead lions."

"Very good," the portrait swung open and Kagome ran inside only to be shoved to the floor after passing through.

"Ah!" Kagome stared in shock up at Cho who looked as if she'd been crying for a while now, her eyes puffy and red, her cheeks blotchy, and her hair was messy. All in all, she lacked her normal beautiful outward appearance. "Ch-!"

~CRASH~

Kagome held her hands over her face to keep glass from getting into her eyes as a couple pieces flew up from the vase in the common room that had just been thrown in her general direction, some pieces cutting into her hand. "STOP IT!" she screamed when a hand gripped tightly at her hair and pulled on her, her hands moved to the hands holding her hair and she cried out as she was dragged to the stairs, Cho was dragging her up the steps by the hair, her hands bleeding from Kagome's nails digging into them, but she didn't release her. "Let me goo~! It hurts Cho! IT HURTS!" She cried when Cho still dragged her.

It finally stopped as she was pushed dangerously close to the corner of a table which she'd almost hit her head on. She stared frightened up at the enraged eyes of Cho Chang, crying as she hovered over her with her wand, just twirling it in her fingers as she did.

Cho smirked, "Petrificus Totalus!"

Kagome felt her body go stiff, and her eyes shut tightly as she felt a foot connect painfully with her ribcage, she wanted to yell, cry, scream! However, she made no sounds while Cho took out her anger on her, she couldn't, and the reality of Blaise's words hit her hard when she realized, he'd never be able to keep her safe from Cho, she was a Ravenclaw, and he was a Slytherin, she would have to figure this out on her own.

Those were her thoughts when darkness took her from Cho's beating, when she woke up later, it was in the Hospital Wing, and it was already dark, the lights were out, and the curtains were drawn around her bed. She tried to sit up, but an incomparable pain shot through her body, and she screamed out in pain, her throat hurt too, but she wasn't sure why.

She saw the lights come on around her and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Madam Pomfrey rushing to her with a surprised look on her face.

"You're awake I see, how do you feel?"