[Chapter 4]

"We all have self doubts. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate it. You embrace it."

-Kobe Bryant

+++

{Y/N's POV}

I woke up at 3 A.M. Actually, I never fell asleep. I kept on feeling guilty for calling Fred a jerk. I got out of bed quietly and went downstairs. Sitting on the living room couch, was Fred. He stared straight at the fire. His head rested on his hands as he was lost in his thoughts.

"Fred?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled. It wasn't a usual goofy smile though.

"Hey, Y/N," he said.

He sounded upset for some reason. I took a seat next to him. At first, I was going to ask him if he was ok, but I knew the answer already. Instead, I hugged him, taking him by surprise.

"I'm so sorry," I said, holding in tears. "I didn't mean to call you a jerk."

He didn't say anything. I felt his arms wrap around me as well.

"I'm sorry too," he apologized.

"No, you don't have to apologize," I said. "You don't have anything to apologize for. You're not a jerk. You're my best friend."

I looked up at him and saw his goofy smile.

"It's ok, Sugar."

Again, I felt my cheeks warm up and butterflies in my stomach. I sighed, relieved.

We stayed in the hugging position and laid down on the couch. I noticed he had a small birthmark that was barely noticeable on his nose.

"What would I do without you," he whispered.

"I have no idea," I replied.

"Let's try not to argue ever again," he said.

"Yes, let's," I agreed.

He laughed quietly and closed his eyes.

"Is this weird?" he asked after a few moments.

"What is?"

He paused.

"Nevermind."

+++

"Hush, don't wake them up!" I heard someone whisper.

"That's a keeper," I heard George say.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw George, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Percy, Charlie, and Bill gathered around Fred and me. Ginny was holding a muggle camera and George was holding a bunch of photos.

Since I was in my sleepy state, I didn't think much about it and closed my eyes again. I smelled a familiar scent when I buried my head in my pillow. It smelled like firewood and sweets for some reason. Specifically, caramel. I realized it wasn't my pillow but Fred.

I opened my eyes immediately.

"She's awake," Charlie said, grinning.

My arms were still wrapped around Fred and his around mine.

"Freddie," I whispered. "Wake up."

He groaned and pulled me closer to him.

"Freddie, everyone's watching," I whispered.

"Mhm," was all he replied. Godric, this man was so hard to wake up.

Ginny held the camera in front of her face and took a snap. The flash made Fred open his eyes. He looked around and saw everyone staring at us. Everyone had a grin on their face.