[Chapter 12]

"Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice."

-Beyoncé

+++

{Y/N's POV}

I shifted around nervously. The Quidditch game started in a few minutes and it was Gryffindor versus Slytherin. This morning, I got another letter: "Good luck! I believe in you," which was what it said. I held the paper nervously in my pocket.

"You ok, Sugar?" Fred asked me.

I looked up at him, meeting his drawing eyes.

"Yeah, just nervous."

He gave me a goofy smile.

"There's no need to be nervous," he said. "I believe in you."

I believe in you, I thought. Could it just be a coincidence?

"Thanks, Freddie," I said, feeling better.

Someone nudged my elbow and I looked to see who it was.

"Hey," Angela said.

"Oh... hey," I said, not expecting her to talk to me. What did she want?

"Good luck out there," she said genuinely.

I blinked and had to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Oh. Um... you too."

She smiled at me and Oliver whistled, signaling for us to go out. I hopped on my broom and Fred smiled at me before we flew out. Cheers flooded in my ears before I even took flight. I saw Hermione, Ginny, Ron, and Harry cheering. Lee was the commentator since he had such an enthusiastic and loud voice.

"There's the beautiful Y/N as the Gryffindor seeker!" he shouted and everyone cheered. I gave Lee a thankful look and he grinned back at me. The attention was unusual, but I enjoyed it. Why didn't I join Quidditch earlier?

Cedric and Cho sat together. Cedric and my eyes met and he waved. I waved back at the two of them.

"There's the legendary Weasley twins!" Lee shouted and everyone cheered and hollered comments. Fred and George high-fived me when they flew by. They did many tricks and red mist followed them. They must have snuck some of their prank tools.

Slytherins flew out next and everyone cheered.

"Look! There's Draco Malfoy!" Lee shouted. "The Slytherin seeker!"

I was confused. Draco was on the team? I looked around and saw him. Draco smirked when our eyes met. I rolled my eyes and flew into position.

Dumbledore flashed a bright light, signaling the game had begun. The balls sprung in all different directions. My eye was on the snitch. Draco had his eyes on the snitch as well. It was closer to me though and I flew after it. It flew under the pillars and I ducked a wooden board.

"And Oliver Wood scores!" I heard Lee shout.

I grinned when I saw the twins cheering happily. The snitch had flown out of sight and I flew up into the air to get a better view. I saw Angela keeping the hoops well protected. She was doing well as a keeper.

My attention was distracted by a gold figure. It flew in front of my face and teased me once again. I reached for it and it moved out of the way. It flew out of the way and I flew towards it. Draco's attention was on it as well and he followed me.

"Not too bad for a half-blood!" Draco shouted. "And that's a compliment!" he shouted again.

I grinned.