[Chapter 13]

lol, Cedric looks so cute in that picture. 😂

+++

"Whatever life throws at me, I'll take it and be grateful for it as well."

-Tom Felton

+++

{Y/N's POV}

Once I was discharged from the Hospital Wing, I had to get used to the crutches. A lot of people congratulated me on the victory and recovery. All I ever did was stay in my room until I fully recovered. I still had homework to do and my friends would come to check on me during their breaks as well. Ginny once even disappeared for a few hours as well, but she said it was nothing.

My friends have also been acting secretive around me for some reason. They would also ask me about my relationship status and my favorite colors and stuff. It wasn't even close to my birthday yet so what could they have been up to?

I read my muggle book in peace on the Gryffindor couch. I used one of the photos of Fred and I as a bookmark. There wasn't anything I could really do. I heard someone come in and looked up. It was Fred.

"Hi, Fred," I greeted.

"Hey. How're you holding up?" he asked.

He walked over and sat beside me.

I sighed.

"I'm bored."

He grinned.

"Wanna go out?" he asked.

I became flustered.

"Go out?"

"I mean- go out for fun," he said, blushing. He ran his hand through his hair embarrassed. "Actually," he said. "I mean go out. Like on a date."

My cheeks turned red as a tomato. Had I heard him right?

"I want to," I finally said after an awkward silence. "But I can't really walk well right now."

I pointed at my crutches.

"Well, I can stay," he said. "We can talk. We haven't had some alone time since... after the Quidditch World Cup in the summer."

Flashbacks of what happened after replayed in my head and I felt my ears warm.

"Yeah. We could."

He happily smiled and sat next to me. Things were always awkward whenever it was just us two.

"What'cha reading?"

He took the book to read the cover and the photo fell out. He picked it up and saw the picture.

"Oh, look," he said, grinning. "It's us."

I laughed awkwardly

"It is."

"Isn't it funny?" he asked.

"What's funny?"

"Everyone says we act like a couple," he said. "And it's sort of true."

I didn't think it was possible, but my face turned redder. What was he getting at? He took out a slip of paper and gave it to me. I read it and my eyes widened.

I like you.

It was the exact same handwriting as my secret admirer. I looked at his face to see his reaction.

"Surprise...?" he said with a goofy grin.

My lips slowly curved at the edges. I couldn't help but smile.