[Chapter 16]

"Yesterday was history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

-Oogway

(I LOVE this quote.)

+++

{Y/N's POV}

Ronald and Hermione had started getting along now. Fred and I would only have short conversations every now and then. Otherwise, we didn't talk at all. He stopped pranking people as if he was on maternity leave.

Not too long ago, Mr. Crouch was found dead by Harry in the forbidden forest so the next tournament had to be delayed for a week.

Currently, I sat in Potions, listening to a lecture by Professor Snape. He was talking about polyjuice potions or whatever, but I wasn't paying much attention to the lesson. I could feel Fred staring at me from behind. George sat on my right and poked me. I looked at him, wondering what in the world he wanted. He pointed at Fred and I turned around.

"What?" I asked Fred.

He looked nervous for some reason.

"I'm sorry," he finally whispered.

I squinted my eyes, confused.

"What?"

"Ms. Y/L/N and Mr. Weasley, I do hope you're paying attention," Snape said and slapped his measuring stick on Fred's desk.

Fred and I flinched, startled.

"Yes, Professor," I said. "We are."

Snape nodded and raised his head.

"Consider this a warning," he said and walked away to continue the lesson.

I mentally sighed in relief and looked at Fred. He gave me an apologetic look and scribbled something into his notebook.

I, on the other hand, paid my attention back to the lesson just in case Snape decided to give me a pop quiz. As I was taking down notes, I felt something hit my head. It wasn't a hard force. It was a crumpled piece of parchment. It fell on the ground beside my foot and I picked it up.

I opened it up on my lap so Snape wouldn't notice. It was from Fred.

Will you forgive me? It said.

Not feeling in the mood, I crumbled it up and tossed it into the recycle bin.

+++

After Snape finished his lecture, he dismissed the class. I stood up and packed my books. Everyone else was busy loitering in the classroom, still. I was about to leave when Fred stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Y/N wait," he said.

I turned around.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

He looked hurt by my tone, but I tried my best to keep a straight face.

"Please, please, please, please forgive me," he said. "I know I'm an idiot for hurting you. I should have-"

"Stop," I said sternly. "I have somewhere to be so if you excuse me, I'll be on my way."

I turned around and headed towards the door when I heard Fred shout.

"You know what? Why don't we just kiss and make out!" he shouted, getting the whole class' attention

Snape looked up from his book and everyone gawked. I stared at Fred in disbelief at what he just said. My face reddened when other students from the hallway poked their heads in. George was busy watching like it was a comedy show.