[Chapter 9]

Describe that GIF in one word (or emoji).

+++

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't had fallen for the second."

-Johnny Depp

+++

{Y/N's POV}

I looked around for Cedric. I saw some students wearing badges that said, Potter Sucks. I frowned at the sight of them.

Cedric was laughing with his Hufflepuff friends and chatting. I went up to him and tapped on his shoulder.

He turned around and saw me.

"Oh hey, Y/N," he said with his bumblebee smile.

I didn't smile back, making him concerned.

"You alright?"

"Can we talk in private?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course."

He and I walked to an empty classroom to talk. Luckily, there weren't any other students around to accuse us of anything.

"I need your help to get rid of the rumours," I said. "The fifth year students from last night accused us of snogging."

"I know."

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Didn't you say the best way to get a girls attention is to make them jealous?" he asked.

"Yeah, but-"

"And you like Fred," he said. "The same thing works for boys."

"How did you know I like Fred?"

"So you do!"

"Ughhhh."

I mentally slapped myself in the face as he laughed playfully. I buried my head in my hands, embarrassed.

"Really, how did you know?"

"It's quite obvious," he said.

"Oh really? How?"

He grinned and explained.

"When he's around, you ramble more than usual," he said. "You also blush every time he calls you Sugar."

I made a note to be more cautious.

"Well, tell me who you like," I said.

He stuttered.

"No, I don't think-"

"Come on!" I said. "If we're gonna pretend to be in a relationship, we should at least know each other's crushes!"

He smiled, thinking about his crush.

"I like Cho Chang," he said.

My eyes widened.

"Cho?" I asked. "I could understand that. She's really pretty," I said.

"I know right?" he said, fangirling.

"Cedric, you're drooling."

"I am?" he asked frantically and wiped his face.

"No, I was joking," I said, laughing.

He looked at me mischievously as I laughed at his reaction.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"I want to make her jealous until she confesses her feelings for me," he said. "Then I'll take her to the Yule Ball. Fred might do the same too," he said.