Finders Keepers

Hiccup studies the map on the table carefully. One area was circled to show where the ninja had last seen the Destiny's bounty which was a island not too far from where they were. "Was anyone around when you left it?" Hiccup asks. "No we made sure to check that no one was around in the cove to steal it," Zane answers. "How long is Kai gonna be on patrol with Astrid?" Jay asks. "Until sundown most likely," Hiccup replies.

"Well we got time then," Cole said. "I think we should look here," Snot-lout said pointing to a island on the map. "Why there?" Hiccup asks since that island was basically a rock, it didn't even have any dragons on it nor any fertile soil for growth. "Because it is the perfect place to store a boat you don't want found," Snot-lout replies confidently. That was a lie the island had pretty jagged spikes surrounding the area so it was nearly impossible to reach the island without sinking the ship. "What do you think Hiccup?" Zane asks and everyone looks at him.

Hiccup glances at the map and nodded in agreement. "It's the best option other than that I got no clue where else it could be," he said and the ninja look at each other worried while Snot-lout gave his leader a subtle wink and grin.

They set out on their dragons towards the islands. Hiccup was content to have a silent ride there, but Jay decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"So what's your dad like here?" He asks randomly clearly saying the first thing that came to mind. Only Zane had met Stoic and the interaction was rather tense considering the nindroids nature. "He puts the village first and always, but he still made sure I was safest. Whenever a dragon attacked happened before I met Tooth-less he would keep me in our hut as much as possible. He never really let me do much because he didn't want me dying or being carried off by a dragon," Hiccup explains to him. "Well considering what happened to Kai and your mother that was a fair assumption," Zane said frankly with zero empathy for the subject.

Hiccup winces at how blunt it was, but Zane didn't mean to take a jab he just stated the facts. "That's nice my dad is super chatty, like he never stops talking and once you get him or my mom talking they never stop and then they'll talk all day and then," Jay began rambling to which was promptly drowned out.

"So your dad actually lets you do fighting?" Cole asks and this question surprised Hiccup. "Of course he's Berk's best warriors and as his son it's my duty to follow his footsteps," Hiccup recites and Jay stops talking and all of them shared a confused glance. "Your dad fights?" Cole asks sounding extremely confused. "Of course he does why wouldn't he?" Snot-lout said joining the conversation. "But he's protected at the back right?" Jay asks.

"Of course not the chief is always on the front of the lines like a true leader," Snot-lout said proud of his chief's fighting skills. The ninja exchanged looks. "But if he, Hiccup, or Kai die in battle than no one will run Berk?" Zane said. "It isn't about running the village it's about protecting it," Hiccup answers. The ninja looked at each other again.

"Yeah why is that so hard to get your head around?" Snot-lout asks. "It's just surprising," Zane answers shortly. It was a awkward silence and no one said anything, but Hiccup keeps wondering why the idea of his father or himself fighting the front lines seems so foreign to them?

"Hey! It's the island!" Jay cheers and points ahead of them to the island in the distance. Hiccup really hope the jagged rocks won't give away how it would be impossible to get a boat to shore. They needed to distract the ninja by searching the island which should take all day and keep them all busy then head back and tell Kai about the boat and hope it keeps him from ever returning to them and leaving.

Hiccup was fairly confident in his plan until Zane said. "The bounty! I've picked it up on my sensors it's here and in range!" The other two smiled excitedly by this news while Hiccup and Snot-lout's stomachs dropped in disbelief. How could their boat be here? There is no way a ship could ever get past those jagged rocks. "Where exactly?" Hiccup asks keeping any negative emotion out of his voice.