Chapter Two: Portley-Rind Sisters

Years have passed and (Name) has grown into a teen with her curious spirit still raging wanting to be let out but alas her cheese loving father wanted her to be a perfect lady so here she is now in the Cheese Guild with books around her at night in her room. Seeing her governess leave for the night, she pulls out a book that she can at least enjoy reading unlike those textbooks.

Meanwhile, Eggs, a human boy wearing a box with 'eggs' written on it among the boxtrolls, and the boxtrolls’ silhouettes skitter across the  square, over to a small side alley. There is a loud clang! as Eggs and the boxtrolls run into a trash barrel, sending the trash can lid noisily rolling across the square.

Back in the Cheese Guild, a light comes on the window as a young girl peeks out from behind an ornate curtain, she watches the trash can lid fall over and wobble to a stop. The 12 year old girl with red hair in her nightgown named Winnie who is (Name)'s younger sister, gasps with fear and fascination then whips the curtains closed.

Winnie excitedly whispers, "Boxtrolls!" She shudders. "They could come eat my face off at any moment. I’d better warn (Name) and father." Winnie runs towards her sister's room.

A loud knock is heard breaking (Name) in her night gown with a coat on from her trance in reading the exciting story causing her to groan and get up from her position to open the door.

"(Name), I'm gonna be eaten by a boxtroll! Please save me." The said girl looks at her sister who wears an excited expression causing her to question if she is serious or just joking but as far as she knows, the boxtrolls she observed weren't carnivorous.

"Oh, okay?" Hearing her older sister's reply, Winnie quickly took her leave to warn her father. She runs down a staircase towards a set of double doors. The sound of laughter and waffling voices grows as Winnie approaches the door. Winnie knocks gently. No response. She knocks harder like she did with (Name)'s door. Still no response. She impetuously pushes the door open.

In the tasting room which is a Victorian man cave with dark ornate rotunda with walls lined with cases of rare cheeses. At a table stacked with fine cheeses, four men are seated wearing gleaming white hats.

Boulanger, an old man in a steam-powered wheel chair, snoozes at one end of the table while the short, rotund Langsdale and tall, thin, beak-nosed Broderick roar with laughter at the other end. Standing imperiously in the middle and wearing the most ornate white hat is Lord Portley-Rind.

"Settle down, men, settle down." Lord Portley-Rind says causing the room to go quiet. "Important town business to discuss. First on the docket: more complaints of crumbling bridges."

"Speaking of crumbling... is that a new blue cheese I see?" Langsdale speaks up pointing at the cheese he's been eyeing on since he arrived.

Broderick stands and leans into the cheese being said while breathing deeply. "Does smell delicious."

Lord Portley-Rind also stare at his precious new cheese. "I suppose we could do with a nibble first." Then they go to taste cheeses like snobs tasting fine wines sniffing, rolling it on their tongues, spitting in buckets, etc.

"Mmm... Pungent..."

"Complex..."

"I’m tasting notes of... plum!" Broderick says while Boulanger snores.

Lord Portley-Rind with mouth full of cheese while reading docket says, "All good fun, but we do have this school funding initiative to vote on. Been sitting here for months. All in favor of-"

Broderick cuts him off. "-Cutting open the Roquefort next?" And all men in the room agrees wanting to taste more cheese than they already did.

Lord Portley-Rind tosses the docket behind him, giving in. "Well, okay, okay. A quick reminder, tomorrow is Trubshaw Baby Remembrance Day." His voice changes in a pervy tone looking at the men. "And we all know what that means... a performance by Madame Frou Frou."