Chapter Ten: The Truth

The sisters hear Eggs who sounds defiant and scared yell. "Boxtrolls don’t hurt anyone! Let them go!"

Snatcher answers not caring. "Yes, well, I need them. They’re my ticket to a white hat, Trubshaw Baby!"

"TRUBSHAW BABY!?" Everyone freezes and whirls around. Pickle’s shoots distractedly - POP! - but the net misses Eggs and loops around a rafter. 

"Oops."

"This is seriously a horrible entrance, Winnie." (Name) and her sister stands in the open doorway of the factory.

"I knew there was something strange about you!" Winnie says to Eggs as (Name) notices Gristle wielding a cricket bat, Pickles a gun, and Snatcher looking sheepish.

Nervously Snatcher tries to cover up what they were doing. "The Portley-Rind sisters! What a surprise! Does your... does your father know you’re here?"

Winnie says dismissive. "No of course not! But wait til we tell him! The Trubshaw Baby! Alive!" (Name) facepalms at her sister who didn't read the atmosphere that says they're clearly in danger.

The Winnie sees Trout towering over her. Mr. Trout looks regretful at what he's about to do. "Sorry, miss." Winnie looks at Snatcher in horror and confusion. Trout is about to pick her up in his big hands when Winter, their dog growls while her sister pulls her back behind her.

"What are you gonna do?" Winnie asks peaking from behind her older sister.

"They're probably gonna silence us for discovering the truth." (Name) says looking for a way to escape them.

"Thats right and it looks like the Boxtrolls have a new victim, you two. And their names are The Portley-Rind sisters." Gristle then remembers Eggs. He swings his bat over his head and brings it down but Eggs leaps, grabs the rope from Pickles’ missed shot, and swings like Tarzan towards the door that the sisters opened.

Trout panics as he sees Eggs swinging towards him but before that can happen, (Name) kicks his shin as hard as she can. Eggs then barrels into Trout’s belly, knocking him backward and getting him wedged in the door in pain.