Chapter Seven: Eggs Follows The Sisters

As the sisters make their way across the crowded square following their dog, Eggs follows them. When he sees the One Man Band coming closer, he ducks down into a box shape as if he could hide like a real boxtroll.

When the danger is passed he looks up and sees them  disappearing into the crowd. Eggs runs to catch up and has to jump over a vendor pushing a cart. "Hey? What the..."

Eggs falls in behind the girls as they nonchalantly circle the tent of a cheese seller. Winnie suddenly looks back and stares right at Eggs while (Name) is handing her dog a cheese. Eggs hides behind a Swiss cheese.

Winnie ignores him and pulls her sister by the hand, heading off down the street with Eggs still following until they lung around a corner and disappears!

Eggs runs after them, turns the corner and she’s gone. Suddenly Winnie and Winter jumps out in front of him with her sister behind Eggs.

"What do you want!? Are you one of the boys who want to marry my sister?! Cause if you are then beat it! She's not available!" Winnie yells and (Name) facepalms at he sister's behaviour while Eggs gets startled and instinctively hides in a barrel. The sisters peers at him.

"You’re the worst suitor I have ever seen." She tosses him a coin. "Here, buy yourself a book on how to be a better suitor. Come on, let's leave him."

"Winnie, don't be like that." (Name) turns to the boy and gives him a friendly smile making him feel at ease. "Hey, you can come out now, we're not going to hurt you."

Eggs slowly climbs up out of the barrel but then goes back in upon seeing the dog move but after the girl reassured her despite her sister looking annoyed in the back ground he finally comes out.

"Okay, now what do you want?" Winnie patting the Winter's had asked annoyed at the boy.

"I saw you both last night." Hearing this Winnie freezes, eyes wide and turns to her older sister watching her expression. Eggs looks down, too scared to look at them in the eye. "And they took Fish, and... I don’t know where they took him..."

(Name) seems to be in a deep thought so Winnie decided to take the matters into her own hand.

Eggs looks up and Winnie is right in front of him causing him to let out a surprised scream. "You were with the boxtrolls last night?" Eggs wipes the coal dust mustache from his face.

"Yes."

Winnie excited shakes her sister's shoulder bringing her back to the real world as their dog barks in joy feeling the girl's happiness. "Whoah! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!" Winnie gleefully dances swinging her sister around who tries to make her calm down. "Father didn’t believe us but I KNEW IT! How did you escape?!"

"We went underground and they-"

"Woof!"

Winnie interrupts the boy letting go of her sister. "Did they drag you down to their hideous caves?"

"Huh?" Eggs backs up as Winnie advances, intensely presses him for information.

"Wait, Winnie I don't th-"

Once again, the girl interrupts still cornering the poor boy who is confused at what she's talking about. "Were there mountains of baby bones and rivers of blood?"

"What?"

"Did they eat your family?"

"My family...?"

"Did they let you watch?!" She pauses much to (Name)'s relief thinking that she's finally calmed down. "I mean, make you watch?!"

She grabs him by the shoulders. "TELL ME EVERYTHING!" Freaked out and frustrated, Eggs bites her on the arm causing her to freeze giving (Name) the time to take Winnie and shield the boy from her.

"Calm down... I'm sorry for my sister, just, both of you calm down." Eggs stares at the girl as her little sister peaks from behind still in shock as Eggs pants until he finally calms down.

Winnie looks down at her arm where she was bitten flabbergasted. "You bit me."

"I need to find the Men in Red Hats!"

"Alright we ca-"

Winnie looks at the bite mark again and speaks interrupting her sister. "You bit me with your mouth." She shows the bite mark to her sister as their dog watches in confusion. "He bit me."

"Yes I c-" Once again (Name) is interrupted by the boy who wanted nothing more that to find his family.

"The Men in Red Hats!"

"The boxtroll exterminators? They live down on Curd’s Way." (Name) answers not getting interrupted this time much to her relief.

"How do I get there?"

Winnie takes over pointing to the Milk Street sign that they are standing under. "Curds Way? Milk turns into it. " The one man band drops a cymbal creating a sound" BA DUM CHHHH! Eggs turns to go, then hesitates.

"It’s not true, you know." Eggs turns to the sisters with anger written on his face. "We don’t eat babies!" He then runs off down the street.

"We? What do you mean we? What did he mean we?" Eggs rounds a corner and disappears from the sisters and their dog's sight. 

"Let's follow him. He might need help." They takes off after him.