Chapter Twelve: Family Reunion

In the Boxtroll Cavern is silence, moments later Winnie screams as she flies down the chutes, into the cavern, down the conveyor belt, and crashes into the boxtroll sleeping pile. (Name) follows but being calm she is, she lands safely until their dog lands on top of her. "Oof!"

Winnie lays amongst the scattered boxes. (Name) arrives pulling her up on her feet as she coughs. The Boxtrolls poke their heads out all around them and stare as Winter stares back.

Winnie gasps and gets as far away from the boxtrolls as she can, bumping into Knickers as she shuffles backwards while (Name) looks curiously at the Boxtrolls who does the same to her.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME! Someone, help!!! Wealthy girl in danger!" She pushes herself against a wall. The boxtrolls gather, curious. Winnie spots Shoe nearby, with worms and bugs dangling from his mouth. She then goes back to her sister and hides behind her,  whimpering. "If you’re going to eat me just get it over with. I’m sure I’m  delicious."

"They're not gonna eat us." (Name) chuckles as a curious Boxtroll pokes Winter with its finger. Suddenly there is the sound of happy boxtrolls gurgling and drumming their boxes.

Winnie peeks out from behind her sister. The boxtrolls are surrounding Eggs and Fish and celebrating their return. No one is paying any attention to her anymore. "Hmm?"

Fish gurgles excited hellos as Eggs announces what he saw. "It’s not just us. All the others are alive too! We saw them!"

Behind the crowd, the younger Boxtrolls plays with Winter who was just as curious as them. (Name) chuckles at the view and throws a stick as the boxtrolls watches in wonder until Winter went to retrieve it. "Here, throw it." (Name) says and the Boxtroll did.

While the older sister is enjoying, Winnie is confused why they weren't eating them. "What’s going on?!" 

Eggs ignores her. "Oil Can, Wheels, all of them!" Specs gurgles getting Eggs' attention. "Yes!"

Clocks gurgles next asking him. "Where are they?"

"I don’t know, but The Redhats have them building something in their factory."

Winnie not wanting to be ignored anymore shout. "I said what’s going on? Why aren’t they ripping out our eyeballs and eating our faces?" The boxtrolls wince at the sound of Winnie’s screaming voice and some of them drop into their boxes. Eggs and (Name) turns to look at her. "And where are the rivers of blood and mountains of bones?! I WAS PROMISED MOUNTAINS OF BONES!"

"Winnie, relax. It's probably a lie made by Snatcher." (Name) tries to reassure her sister.

"She's right and I TOLD you, we don’t eat people!"

"Why do you keep saying 'we'? You’re not one of them! You’re a boy!"

"He's th-"

Eggs interrupts (Name) incredulous tells them what he believes he is. "No I’m not, I’m a boxtroll! Eggs the boxtroll." He points to his box like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

"C'Mon rel-"

(Name) gets interuppted again much to her annoyance. "Oh really? Then let’s see you fit in your box.

"I... I can’t right now."

"Mm hmm."

Meanwhile (Name) turns back to the curious Boxtrolls with her and Winter. "Hey wanna see a cool trick?" The Boxtrolls agrees excitedly ignoring Winnie and Eggs. "Okay, Winter show them what I taught you."

Back to Eggs as he defensively says. "I’m long-boned." The surrounding boxtrolls gurgle in agreement. But as his argument with Winnie gets louder the boxtrolls shrink  away from the two humans.