Chapter Twenty-One: Battle Redux

Portley-Rind sprints off the stairs and out into the square  as Snatcher smashes tents with the claw! Snatcher drives the mecha box, stomping after him and right toward the crowd.

"RUN!" Lord Portley-Rind runs through the square and the mecha box chases him, smashing the tent out of the way with its giant iron fist! The frightened townspeople scream and run!

"The curfew’s back on! IT’S BACK ONNN!"

"AHHHH!"

Fish finishes putting on his box.

"No more hiding, right?"

"RIGHT!" Fish nods. Eggs turns to Knickers.

"RIGHT?" Knickers flashes his best ‘angry face’ and throws down his box, preferring to fight in his frilly underwear! He then gurgles a war cry.

Eggs calls out to all the boxtrolls. "You built that thing! You can take it apart!" Eggs charges forward with all the boxtrolls!

"ROAWRRR!"

Portley-Rind is cowering behind Snatcher’s vehicle,  holding his white hat to his head. Snatcher stalks by in the background, the mecha box drill sending cobbles flying.

"Loooord POORTLEY-RIIIIND!" He smashes tents. "Come out, come out, come out!" Suddenly, the mecha box lurches. Snatcher loses his footing. "Whoah whoa."

Snatcher looks down and sees boxtrolls climbing up the legs, tearing pieces off. Shoe hisses at him. The hero boxtrolls are wreaking havoc on the machine- Sweets grabs a pulley cable on one of the mecha drill legs.

Sweet gurgles swears. "Chmeey! @#$%&!"

Eggs turns to Sweets. "Tear it down!" Sweets bites the cable and it snaps in half.

Sparky and Bucket remove pieces of the motor and get shocked! They look a little charred as they pull out  electrical elements and throw them away. -Knickers rages, wailing on the side of the machine in his frilly underpants. He smashes his paws through a piece of  sheet metal, pulling out a hose. It releases steam as he hold the hose triumphantly over his head.

"Get your grimy paws off of my machine!" Snatcher pulls a lever and the furnace roars to life, spewing flames from the front grill. The boxtrolls near the grill cringe away.
Snatcher deploys the spinning chassis. The box rotates,  picking up speed as the boxtrolls try to hang on. They grab on to each other when they lose grip on the mecha box. Fish holds on to Eggs’ ankles.

Eggs shouts to Fish. "We need to put out the fire!" Fish nods at him. He is knocked by another flying boxtroll into the square. Fish lands near Winnie and (Name)!

The sisters look at each other with Winnie scowling while (Name) is smiling and walk off with determination while Fish rubs his aching head.

Portley-Rind still cowering. Hands grab THE white hat off of his head. He gasps. "AHH!"

Boxtrolls fly across the square and hit the ground, skidding into tents and store fronts. Snatcher he spins around in the mecha drill control seat, laughing like a mad man.

"Oh Mister Snatcher..." He spots (Name) waving the hat and dancing a wide pirouette. Snatcher hits a lever and the spinning slows. He woozily tries to find her, off kilter from the momentum.

"... how did this hat get alllll the waaayyy out here?" Winnie is now the one holding the hat. Snatcher forgets about Portley-Rind and stomps after Winnie.

"You vile little brat!"

Winnie runs as the mecha drill clamors towards her and passes the hat to her sister. "Ooh!" Suddenly Pickles and Trout run up beside (Name), both  hatless.