Up To You

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"My mother," I repeat as Jon carries me into the air. I stare at the flames, not knowing what to think or feel.

"Demetria?" Jon asks, trying to get my attention. He begins to fly us farther away from the scene. The fire becomes smaller with each distance, the smoke reaching the skies.

Before I knew it, the outside scenery had disappeared, taken over by the rocks within the cave. I look around, finding numerous people at the main platform of the cave. They gather around the bat-computer, silently conversing and stressing.

Amongst the group of adults, I find Dick gripping onto Damian as he tries to escape his grasp. "Let go, Grayson!" Damian exclaims, thrashing around in his arms. "She's out there! I need to get her!"

"Jon is getting her," Dick grunts. "He flew out of the cave faster than you can blink. If anything happened to Demetria, he would've reported that by now."

"I don't care! I need to see it with my own eyes!" Damian continues to yell at the older man, kicking and squiring in Dick's arms. As he thrashes around, his head snaps to us, eyes widening. "Dee!"

Jon flies down towards the main platform, landing on his feet. He places me down on the ground, letting me stand on my own two feet.

Landing on the ground, I stare at the ground, the events playing in my head over and over again. A slight feeling of guilt overcoming me. It continues to play, clouding my mind. How should I break this news to Damian?

"Dee?" Damian says, running towards me and coming to stop. He looks at me with concern. "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Is she hurt?!" His eyes snap to Jon, growling at him.

"N-no. Not that I'm aware of," Jon answers, putting his hands up in defense.

"Ra's has gotten away," Father's voice booms through the cave. I look up, finding him walking towards me, the adults moving out of his way, creating a path for him. He stalks towards me, glaring down at me. "Are you hurt?" he asks, his voice less harsh than before.

I slowly shake my head in response.

"Ra's Al Ghul has escaped. Did you encounter him while you were out there?"

I shake my head once more.

"No, sir," Jon answers. "Just Demetria and a bunch of trees."

"And Talia?" Father asks.

I look down at the ground, clenching my fists. "Gone," I whisper.

"Gone?" Damian asks. "What do you mean by 'gone'?"

"Gone," I repeat. "Forever."

"Where?" Father asks, taking a step forward.

I raise my head, staring into Father's eyes. I turn my head towards the exit of the cave, pointing straight at the large tunnel. "Out. Ocean. Fire. Gone." I'm unable to give a full explanation. My mind and body are still in shock from the events.

"Did you see the body?" he asks.

I shake my head.

"Jon?"

"No. I was focusing on getting Demetria back here."

Father nods his head in response. "Let's go check the scene. Demetria, stay here with Damian. Jon, watch these two."

"Why must I stay? I can be useful!" Damian argues.

"No, Damian," Father says, walking past me, keeping his back towards us. "I don't think this is something that you would want to see," he whispers. Damian was not able to hear it, but I was. And it's not really something that I want to see.