Not Right

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Wake up Dee, grandfather is calling us."

I was shaken awake by my one and only twin brother. I slowly open my eyes and glare at him. He knows not to wake me from my slumber, but I will only let him slide this one time. As soon as I had opened my eyes, my brother walks quickly to our shared closet and pulls out both of our armors.

"Do you know why Grandfather requests our presence at this hour?" I ask.

"Dee, you know not to question Grandfather's request. For he is our—"

"Our grandfather," I groan. Slowly, I feel myself regain consciousness. I groggily open my eyes, coming face to face with a familiar atmosphere, yet different from what I have accustomed to. I feel myself sink into white sheets, staring at the beige ceiling. I turn my head from side to side, taking in my surroundings.

A large bed, propped up against the wall, in the middle of the room. A large closet, a few steps away, along with several weapons displayed on the walls.

"The compound," I announce. I move to the side of the bed, allowing my feet to touch the wooden planking. I hold my head in pain, feeling my body get heavy. "Must've done some training to get like this." I look down at myself, finding that I am in my training attire. Looking around the room once more, I find that I am alone. Damian is usually here to accompany me when I fall into horrid conditions. Perhaps Grandfather and Mother had sent him out on an important mission.

I rise out of bed, slipping on my shoes, walking straight out of the room with my chin held high. Sliding the bamboo door open and stepping out, I freeze, the hairs at the back of my neck, crawling in discomfort. "Somethings not right," I whisper to myself.

I quickly walk back into my room, knowing that something is off. Going back into my room to retrieve my katana for precaution, I find that the usual place where I leave it is empty. I glare at the empty spot on the wall where Damian and I usually leave it. Finding numerous objects missing from their usual spots. "Something is definitely not right."

Filled with anger and worry, I run out of the room, heading straight for the training area. I run through the corridors, not seeing a single person. The halls are usually filled with a few assassins walking around on duty. Reaching the porch on the second floor, I jump over the rail, landing crouched onto the ground. Landing on the ground, I slowly rise, coming face to face with a few assassins.

"What is going o—" Before I could finish my sentence, one of the few assassins throws a shuriken at my face. My reflexes kick in, quickly catching the weapon with my hand. I begin to boil in anger, glaring at the assassins in front of me. As I open my mouth to retort, they all move in synchronization, pulling out their weapons, ready to attack.

I instinctively shield myself, bringing my arms up, having the back of my forearms cover my face. I watch through the slim space between my arms as the first assassin attempts to break through my defense with a kick.

They kick, jumping off of my forearms after impact, flipping back to their initial spot. As they flip through the air, I skid back from the impact, keeping my stand. I watch as two more come at me at the same time. I drop my defense, ducking under their punches, quickly sweeping their feet with force. Sweeping their feet, I jump up, sending a roundhouse to the second assassin. As I land on my feet, a pair of footsteps enter my ears.

I snap my head to the sound, quickly jumping back as I find one of the assassins coming at me with a sword and swinging. I growl at the assassin. "Fix your form," I growl, running straight to the attacker. "You should be ashamed for calling yourself a part of the League with a form like that."