Sunglasses

Demetria's P.O.V.:

I prop my arm onto the window and rest my chin within the palm of my hand, staring out into the scenery as the loud voices play behind me.

"Demetria!" Tim yells. "Answer the damn question!"

"Tch. Shut-it, Drake," Damian growls. "You're screaming into my ear."

"Tim," Jason says. "What the hell are you even talking about?"

"There are rumors going around the school about the twins," Tim growls. "More specifically, Demetria."

"Demetria," Father calls, warningly.

I turn my head forward, with no amusement, making eye-contact with Father through the rearview mirror.

"Care to explain these rumors?"

I turn my head back to the moving buildings, resting my cheek into the palm of my hands. "There's nothing to explain," I sigh. "I have no idea what it's about."

"Tell us, Dee," Damian complains from next to me.

"Fine," Father says.

"But, Father—"

"If she won't tell us," he says. "Then Tim will. What rumors are going around about the twins?"

"Well," Tim says. "Besides the whole 'cavemen' and 'mountain kid' insults, they're all directing their insults towards Demetria."

"Fuckin's spill it," Jason scowls. "Just tell me who I have to fuckin' beat-up!"

"You can't beat up the whole school, Jason."

"Watch me," he growls, turning around in the passenger seat and glaring at Tim.

"Hey," Father says, taking one hand off the steering wheel and pushing Jason back to his original position. "Behave. Go ahead, Tim."

"Demetria!" he yells, snapping his head towards me. "Why the hell are they calling you a fuckin' prostitute?!"

"A what?!" Damian, Father, and Jason yell, causing me to grimace in pain from the loudness.

Father quickly hits the brakes of the car, causing all of us to fly forward. Luckily for me, I remembered to put on my seatbelt, but I can't say the same for Tim, Damian, and Jason.

"Goddamnit, old man," Jason growls, rubbing his head and pushing himself back up. "You can drive a car that can go as fast as a speeding jet, but you can't drive a car that's max is 200-300?"

Without answering, Father continues to drive, gripping onto the wheel tightly; his knuckles turning white. "Who said that?"

"All of them," Tim says. "I've been hearing people whispering, but paid no mind to it. That was until a group of kids actually walked up to me and asked about Demetria."

"What did they ask?" Damian growls.

"Let's just say, it wasn't nice."

"Who started the rumor?" Jason growls.

"I don't know. But whoever did, they did a good job of getting it around."

"Why would they spread an obvious lie?" Damian asks, angered by the news coming out of his mouth.

"It's school," Jason says. "And we're public figures. Didn't we already tell you that they'll try to find some kind of dirt on you to talk shit?"

"But it's not real!"

"They don't know that. Those brats would believe anything. They're more gullible than Dick, and that's saying something because that man still believes in unicorns."