Where Did He Go?

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Just sit back and enjoy the show," the voice echoes through the intercoms, ending with a loud ring.

Silence fills the lunchroom, the fear and tension suddenly spike into the atmosphere, suffocating the life out of the area. Before anything could fully register into my brain, ear-piercing screams fill the tensioned room. Chairs begin to scratch against the marbled flooring, adding on to the screams and rustling coming from the students. Students begin to run around frantically, yelling and shoving each other out of the way, making their way to the exits.

I rise from my seat and look around, trying to find any hints as to what and who is behind all of this. The more I search, the more I see panicked faces. "Tch."

"W-What's going on?" Jon asks, getting up from his seat and looking around.

"Follow the crowd," Tim says, getting up from his seat. "But stagger back. We need to investigate."

"Tch. Don't need to tell me twice," Damian says, getting up from his seat and making his way into the crowd.

"Damian! Wait!—Argh!" Before Tim could stop Damian from leaving our peripheral view, he had already blended into the crowd, making his way out of the lunchroom. "Why doesn't he ever listen to me?!"

"At least he blended into the crowd," Jon says, sounding optimistic, earning a glare from Tim. "Sorry."

"Don't glare at him too hard, Tim," I comment. "Next thing you know, Jon will glare back, and the last thing you'll be seeing are lasers shooting into your eye sockets." I watch as the group of students continues to move around frantically. I begin to make my move. I slowly make my way into the crowd of students running out with Tim and Damian trailing behind me at the last second.

Being squished and shoved by taller students with horrible B.O. is the last thing that I would want to encounter today. Exiting the room, we enter the hallways filled with traffic. Students are shoving each other to make it out of the school, but the constant shoving and screaming had led to nothing but bodies falling and squishing.

"Tch. This is why I never understood city people," I growl.

"What do you mean?" Jon grunts from next to me as he gets constantly shoved into me. "Quit it," he complains.

"They're always the ones to most likely be killed because of things like these," I mumble.

"Move it!" an older kid yells, pushing Jon aside and crashing him into me.

Taken aback from the sudden weight put onto me, I begin to lose my balance but am then saved by a hand. I look at the hand that grabs Jon and I's arm, finding Tim standing near us with an uninterested expression.

"If you two are done filming a romance movie," he says, pulling us back to our feet and placing a hand on our shoulders, "we need to find your idiot of a brother."

"Tch. You have to be more specific," I mutter.

"What do you mean?"

"The child-idiot? The idiot-idiot? The smart-idiot? Or the annoying-idiot?"

"What's the difference between them?" Jon asks.

"The ranking of idiots."

"Ohh...yeah, I don't get it."

"I'm going to assume that Damian is the child-idiot," Tim says, looking down at me.

"Nope. He's the annoying-idiot," I correct him.

"Then who's the child-idiot?" Jon asks while looking around in search of Damian.

"I have a feeling that I know who it is," Tim says. "But that's currently the least of my worries. We need to find Damian quickly."