Answers

Bruce's P.O.V.:

"Are you sure it was a good idea to leave him behind?" Tim asks, swinging behind me.

It's currently night, we've spent the time between the attack until now, going over all of the evidence we have. Once night had hit, I took Tim with me to swing over to the GCPD, leaving Jon in the cave.

"Batman?" Tim calls out.

"He's fine," I grumble, shooting my grappling hook once again. "Nightwing and Red Hood are watching him."

"Yeah," he says with sarcasm. "Let those two take care of a child. Because they do really well with that job."

"Someone sounds jealous," I say, landing onto the ledge of one of the numerous skyscrapers.

"I'm not jealous," he retorts, landing next to me. "I just don't trust them with younger people."

"You're making them sound like child predators."

"They might as well be with all of the danger that they've put children in."

"Such as?" I ask, grappling once more, jumping off of the ledge.

"There the whole Joker scenario, the diner, the zoo, and many more to come," he says, making his point. "Am I right? Or am I right?"

I hum in response, not giving him a straight answer.

"Of course," he sighs.

We continue the journey in silence, just the way I like it. It allows me to collect my thoughts as we reach our destination. Swinging for several more minutes, the lights from the GCPD comes into view. The shadows of officers moving across the windows and halls can be seen from far. With one last swing, we jump onto the rooftop, releasing our grappling hook. Peering over the edge of the roof, I look for any signs of presence in Gordon's office.

"Light's are off, windows shut, curtains closed. He's not in," Tim observes.

Without a word, I jump down, twisting my body and grabbing onto the windowsill. Grabbing the windowsill, I push up the window, stepping into the dark office. Entering the office, I hear Tim jump through the window, softly landing onto the carpeted ground.

We stand in the middle of the room, observing the room. Tim walks over to the desk, reading the papers on the desk without touching anything. "He has a report of the incident from today."

"He better have," I tell him. "If he didn't, we would have a problem."

"But it's nothing that can really help us."

"Any type of information can help us," I remind him. "Big or small."

"Knowing the GCPD. They're the ones that need help getting information."

"That logic contradicts our purpose here," I argue.

"Can't argue with that."

"I need answers! And I need them fast!" Gordon's voice echoes from the other side of the door. His shadow slowly appears in front of the glass-windowed door, coming to a stop at. The doorknob jiggles as the sound of keys clinking against each other enter our ears. Tim and I stand in front of his desk, waiting for him to enter.

The door slowly swings open, revealing a stressed Commissioner Gordon. He raises his head, making eye contact with us, frightened from our sudden appearance. He stops in his tracks, his eyes go wide but quickly retreat to its normal size. He puts a hand to his chest, slowly breathing while closing the door behind him. "First Bruce Wayne, and now you two. Can't an old man get a break from all of the scares?" he complains, walking towards us.