Plethora//09

Plethora: A very large amount of something, especially a larger amount than you need, want, or can deal with.
———————————————————

Dragging Oliver out of bed was probably the worst type of torture (Y/N) had to endure. She forced him to wake up before seven so that he can go with her to see if she received a response from her pen-pal.

The two walked through the foggy air, Oliver complaining about the weather while (Y/N) could only offer short laughs.

"We could've went after you finished with your classes you know? There was no reason for you to drag me outside at seven in the morning."

"We couldn't. I'm staying in the library after school again."

"Again? Since when do you study so hard for college? If I remember clearly, just last month you kept saying how you only occasionally study and how you do not care about college." he paused, "I think that you, perhaps, have a boyfriend and you're too embarrassed to bring him home." Oliver spoke while grinning.

"You got me... I do...I just can't bring him home, what if he falls in love with you? What do I do then?" (Y/N) said, making both of them burst into laughter.

They continued with their conversation until they arrived to the tree. (Y/N) happily pulled out the paper, opening it and seeing the response of the stranger.

"Hello
I wouldn't know how to help you besides telling you that it would be best to get professional help. I think that talking about it with anyone could help too. I did not have any specific incidents that I'd consider traumatic so the best I could do is listen. If you are willing to write. May I ask, what happened?"

(Y/N) read the letter twice, thinking whether or not she should tell the stranger. If she overshared, maybe they'd realize that she was the anonymous girl they mentioned on the news. But then again, even if they realized, they still wouldn't know who she is really.

Walking over to the bench, (Y/N) took out her notepad and began writing. She decided to tell them, but chose the words carefully. Of course, writing letters to the stranger was fun, but she knew almost nothing about them.

To be fair, the stranger didn't know much about her either, but that didn't matter. After all she did leave lengthy letters for them, but they always seemed to write back in short, mysterious sentences.

She began to think her joke about the pen-pal being held at gunpoint could be a reality.

Finishing the letter and leaving it in the hole, Oliver and (Y/N) made their way back to the main street. They parted ways a while after leaving the forest path, Oliver heading back to the apartment and (Y/N) to her work.

Tanya wasn't working today, apparently having a dentist appointment that she couldn't miss. (Y/N) was stuck with a coworker she didn't really have much contact with. The shift went by fast. (Y/N) took the orders so she was on her feet mostly, only taking breaks when necessary.

Lauren and (Y/N) were the only ones sitting at the table again. Obviously Andrew couldn't get over a cold in a day, so the two of them had to get used to the lack of weird noises he'd sometimes let out just to spite them.

They haven't been doing much during their lectures, only analyzing books that were important.

Leaving their last lecture for the day, the girls had about two hours left for research. Rushing to the library again, they made their way to yesterday's spot and started looking through the materials. Thankfully, they didn't have to look for the newspaper again, having the article on (Y/N)'s phone already.