Wounds//25

Wound: An injury to living tissue caused by a cut, blow, or other impact, typically one in which the skin is cut or broken.
—————————————————————

Jack didn't plan to run into a problem on a Tuesday. After all, he had been laying low for almost a month, rarely killing. He didn't know that the creature has been roaming around this forest. Last time he heard about it, that thing was countries away.

Jack could very well defend himself, had he been prepared. He only knew about two others that roamed around the forest he resided in. So when he got attacked suddenly, he had no time to react. He had advanced senses, yes, but that thing was known for being extremely quiet and fast.

Now, laying on the hard floor of (Y/N)'s apartment with claw prints all over his body, bleeding – Jack was in pain. His mask was lifted up to his nose, uncovering the minor bruises on his chin. Looking up at the girl he let out a pained yell, trying to tell her to help.

It was stupid, he was very much powerless right now, she could easily grab the gun from her room and finish him off with some bullets. He hoped that thought wouldn't cross her mind.

Looking at the boy covered in blood that wailed in pain, (Y/N) tried her best to shake off the shock that glued her feet to the floor. Her body only allowed her to move when she heard him yell in pain.

Terrifying.

She ran to pull out the chair for him, rushing to get him up and help. She had no idea why she was doing this. She could tie him up right now and call the police. Never see him again. But she didn't.
Instead, she sat him on the chair, grabbed the kitchen scissors and cut through his hoodie.

He better not kill me for this.

Removing the fabric from his cut up body, she ran to the bathroom to bring the first aid kit she had. Thankfully, none of the materials have been used from it.

"What the hell happened to you?" she questioned, her eyes only now seeing what state he actually was in. There were claw marks all over the upper half of his body.

What caused this?

"Nothing." Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance. The more mysterious he was being, the more she wanted to hand him over to the police. She decided that she'll try and question him later, now focusing on cleaning up this mess. He almost had no reaction to the alcohol hitting his skin, besides clenching his jaw a couple of times.

Impressive, the girl thought, but it makes sense considering he isn't really human.

Jack should consider himself lucky for (Y/N)'s ability to stitch up wounds. Those videos she watched when she was bored really paid off. Covering him in bandages, she took a better look at the masked boy.

It appeared that the liquid coming from his eyes flowed in larger amount – Is he crying? The liquid glided down his neck, making its way to his chest. Grabbing a tissue, (Y/N) began gently wiping it off, noticing how warm it was.

What the hell was that liquid?

The slight metallic smell of the liquid would make (Y/N) think that it was Jack's blood, but the blood coming from his wounds was red. It was very confusing to her. Taking another tissue, she slowly started to wipe the liquid from the lower half of his face.

The sudden touch made the boy freeze. Thinking that he was going to try and punch or push her away, (Y/N) pulled her hand away slightly, waiting for Jack to say something.

"It's fine. Just don't touch the mask."

What was underneath that mask? Why did he have the cults mask if he said he wasn't a part of it?