Daisies//34

Daisies: A flower symbolizing innocence and purity.
—————————————————————

(Y/N) was in denial. She couldn't even close her eyes without seeing him. Her thoughts spiraled in circles, making her head spin. Laying in her bed, she was sweating from the heat and nervousness.

What Jack had done a couple of nights ago made her realize what the foreign feeling bubbling inside of her was. Their walk today also just confirmed it all but she couldn't accept it.

I can't like a murderer. Where have my morals gone? The same man who gutted people and ate their kidneys.

There were many things about Jack that just weren't right. It sounded weird to say but sharp teeth, black tears that ran from empty eye sockets and grey skin wasn't something people would deem socially acceptable. His demeanor was also odd.

He was apathetic on the outside, you would never know what was truly going through his head – especially when he wore his mask. The sole fact that he eats kidneys and people overall shouldn't even be brought up.

(Y/N) started off as a college student who led a boring life which led her to write letters. Those letters led to a murderer practically living in her house. She let him out of fear firstly, but the more time she had him around the fear would slowly retract itself.

She couldn't dehumanize someone that wasn't completely human, but she also couldn't praise him for it. His backstory was sad, but she didn't feel bad for who he is now - only for the boy he was before.

Are people who kill really deserving of love? Don't you think about the victims who had a future in front of them just disappear? How can you love someone that takes away a life of a person?

The questions were menacing, traumatizing even. Each answer is negative and depressing, but she'd tell herself how feelings can't be controlled - that's an excuse.

Jack told her how it isn't necessary for him to kill people, he could just steal the kidneys and leave, but he still chose to do so anyway. He's no saint, but much further than that.

He kills people. He ends lives of the innocent. That man has so much blood on his hands and I treat him like a friend.

It was terrifying for (Y/N), to think that she shares her apartment with a serial killer who isn't even human. Him being eyeless wasn't a problem that he thought it was, there are many people who don't have eyes.

The sharp teeth weren't something visible either way, but the liquid pouring from his eyeholes and his unusual skin were the main problem when it came to his appearance. You couldn't just say he has argyria because his skin wasn't a pale shade of grey – it was a concrete grey, maybe a little darker.

He's not human. He is built like one, but he isn't really human.

(Y/N) personally didn't mind any of these things. Maybe she'd gone crazy or maybe she was just used to it by now. Still, she was weirded out the first time she saw his teeth and skin, but that feeling didn't last long. It was probably the fact that she was more worried for her life rather than his appearance.

There were a couple of things that were just right when it came to Jack. The soft touch of his, the comments he would make throughout the day making her feel embarrassed on purpose. His proud smile that she would see every time he made her laugh.

For a murderer, he sure did treat her like a flower. He threatened her maybe three times during their time together, which she found weird. After every complaint of hers he'd stop doing anything that she minded. He was so cold, sometimes saying things that seemed harsh – but they held no malice in them.

The feelings she had for him were pure. Her feelings represented a small child playing in a field of daisies, with no care in the world. A child who didn't know what was wrong or right, one that held no judgement.

Every time she'd see his black tar increase in flow she'd crumble. Jack probably wasn't aware that he was somehow crying when that would happen.

He probably doesn't know that he was capable of crying. Maybe the thought crossed his mind before, but it's so depressing either way.

(Y/N) tossed and turned remembering the moments spent with him that made her develop a crush. There weren't a thousand of them, quite frankly there maybe were ten only, but those ten were the most genuine ones she'd ever felt.

How funny, to like a killer.

On the floor laid all the letters she received from him. She read them multiple times, trying to remind herself of the hell she went through before she got to this point.

She tried to force herself to hate him, to make herself realize that she's probably only his sanctuary. An escape from the cold and a hiding place from the police. But nothing worked.

(Y/N) refused to think rationally.

I've probably gone crazy from all those crime fiction books I read. From all of my favorite characters that just had to be the antagonists.

It hurt her to try and insult Jack in her head, painful to imagine his expressions. Her white ceiling would become a projector for all of the scenarios she went through, so many things she wanted to say.

Her brain was filled with the outcomes of each scenario, some making her cringe, others making her sad. It's been a while since she struggled to sleep, but now for different reasons. Same person, different feelings.

It was awful to come to the terms that (Y/N) had feelings for Jack, but her chest felt lighter when she admitted it to herself. There was a tiny bit of hope that maybe it was just a small crush, the one that passes rather quickly – the childish crush she'd forget about soon. She however, didn't bother chasing after that idea.

Only time could tell what would happen next.

————————————————————
Hi! This might be a depressing chapter but eh. A little mean from me to write it like that but fun fact: I was thinking about actual people who unironically have crushes on real life murderers - which is weird! Kinda makes me go 🤨??? Fictional killers - sure! Real life murderers - 😐
Not gonna ramble any longer, expect a new chapter on Friday! Hope you're all having a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves folks!