Incipient//53

Incipient: Beginning to happen or develop.

—————————————————

"Moving?! When? Why?"

The surprised expressions that graced Andrew and Lauren's faces made (Y/N) chuckle nervously. She didn't mean to mention it, considering that she wasn't sure herself, but it happened to slip out. Hell, (Y/N) didn't even try looking for a house with Jack yet.

We should probably do that soon.

"I mean, it isn't anything official yet! I just know that I'll probably move out in a month maybe... I'm kind of sick of the city."

"God I wish I were you." Andrew said, grimacing at the floor. Lauren giggled at the comment as she poured juice into her cup.

"So is this get-together some sort of a goodbye?" She asked, approaching the table in her kitchen where (Y/N) and Andrew already sat. The (H/C) girl twiddled with her fingers, trying to ward off the slight nervousness dancing in her stomach.

Moving was a scary thing. You leave everything and everyone familiar and move somewhere with a completely foreign feeling. Even when (Y/N) moved to the city away from her parents to study, it was hard. Learning how to get used to new people, streets and places takes a toll on people.

"Of course not, I wanted to spend some time with you two outside of college and that café. And besides, we have a whole week together before the finals."

The trio occupied Lauren's house for the weekend. Having their finals soon, they wanted to spend some time together, and since Lauren's parents weren't in town – the house was hers. (Y/N) also wanted company, Jack wasn't going to be in the apartment over the weekend because he had some errands to do. She really didn't want to know.

The fact that Jack ate organs was still gross to her, and Jack knew this - which is why he avoided bringing his "food" at her apartment all together. (Y/N) herself was surprised as to how she came around to accept that he had to eat organs, but then again, she was dating a murderer. The morals are long gone.

"Well then, if you really do end up moving – we're here to help."
(Y/N) turned towards Andrew, offering him a smile.

"Thank you. I appreciate you two dearly, I hope you know that."

Lauren reached out and grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, squeezing it lightly.

"We appreciate you too. I'm glad that the three of us found each other. You two made my college experience less dreadful." She spoke, chuckling.

"You're all being so sappy- We should be making a party here, making an early celebration or something."

"You're only saying that because you'll cry if we continue Andrew." Lauren joked, making (Y/N) laugh and Andrew roll his eyes. Those two always had their own silly ways of making her laugh.

College was definitely an experience to remember.

(Y/N) wished that she could express how grateful she was to have them by her side, especially this year. Moments spent with them during the lessons, in the library during their research – all the visits to the café, and ones spent with Oliver too were the ones she'll talk about forever.

"So, what's the plan for moving? Do you have a visual or something?" Andrew asked, changing the subject.

"Well, not really. I don't really care about how big or small the house is – I'd just like for it to be far away from the city. Maybe a house on some hill, or a forest – I don't really know."

Lauren frowned slightly – "Isn't that kind of scary, I mean, forests and all that..."

"She lived near a forest for years, I'm pretty sure it's fine."

Nodding at what Andrew said, (Y/N) took a sip of her drink before answering.
"Exactly. I just want peace because I'm thinking about taking up writing."

Her friends rose their eyebrows in sync, humming at what she said. Andrew motioned with his hand for her to elaborate on the statement, earning a slight smile from (Y/N).

"I don't know what to tell you really, I'd just like to write a book one day – maybe two or three...Who knows." She spoke, slouching her shoulders. The reactions of her friends were positive, surprising her.

They expressed their support for the goal (Y/N) had, Lauren going as far to say that she'd buy all the books and force her whole neighborhood to read them. It made her laugh, but also feel warm inside – happy to see her friends be so supportive of her.

Many conversations passed by just like the time did, and they slept very little. (Y/N) fought the tiredness as much as Andrew and Lauren did, all of them wanting to spend as much quality time as they could.

The happiness surrounding them could be felt in the air, their loud laughs bouncing off the walls – it feels so nice.

Maybe she'd write about it one day.

——————————————
Hello! Shorter chapter again bc being inspired is hard but I hope you enjoyed nevertheless. I'll have the next chapter up on a Tuesday, preferably a little earlier. Hope you're having an amazing day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!