Circles//43

Circles: Move all the way around (someone or something), especially more than once.
——————————————————

The sun shone bright as (Y/N) walked through her college building. People around her seemed a lot happier, heads held high as they stood in the halls. Making her way to the classroom, (Y/N) spotted Andrew and Lauren a little ahead of her. Picking up the pace, the girl smiled brightly as she approached them and embraced them in a hug from behind.

"Good day to you two!"

Flinching slightly, the duo turned their heads towards her, their expressions surprised by the tone of her voice. As she let go, they turned towards her completely and stared at the joyous look on her face.

"Did a miracle happen over the weekend?"

Andrew asked, now showing a slight grin. Lauren elbowed him on the side, grinning as well.

"I'm so glad to see you doing better!"

"I apologize for worrying you guys, the problem has finally been resolved, so I can revert back to normal." (Y/N) said, lowering her gaze to the floor. Lauren and Andrew looked at each other, smiling, before they both embraced their friend – making her stumble back at the impact.

"Silly, don't apologize for such things, we are only glad to see you feeling better." Lauren said as she rubbed small circles on (Y/N)'s back.

"Yeah, but if it happens again I'm going to have to interfere." Andrew added.

Breaking from the hug again, (Y/N) gave a confused look, "And how will you interfere?" , she asked.

"I just will. I don't know how, but I will."

Laughing, they made their way to the classroom. Their lessons went by fast, so they decided to sit at the same café they went to last Wednesday. The weather was unusually warm for the beginning of March – however, nobody seemed to mind, everybody was enjoying a fine evening.

While they were sipping on their drinks, the waitress seemed to turn up the TV in the café, making them turn their heads towards the noise.

"The bodies of Stephen and Layla Davis have been found this morning, or rather what was left of them. The police found the bones of the siblings in a forest, about fifteen minutes from the center of the town. Along with the DNA tests, unidentified short red and black hair strands – suspected to be of an animal has also been found on the bones. We remind you that three other people, Mary Young, Peter Allen and Gregory Hill still haven't been found. The police said that they will continue the search around the forest, hoping to find the missing people alive and well."

"That's terrifying... This place just can't seem to catch a break, huh?" Andrew commented while placing his cup back on the table.

"What's even more disturbing is that nobody knows if it's the work of that murderer or not. What even happened to them? Murdered a bunch of people here and then just moved on to another town? With a rather noticeable way of murdering... How did they go from tearing people apart to just stabbing someone?" Lauren rambled, her eyes focused on the liquid in her own cup.

(Y/N) could do nothing but watch. She knew that all five people were dead, and who the culprit was. The girl felt an uncomfortable amount of guilt, but she knew she couldn't say anything about it. One of the reasons being that the culprit was her boyfriend.

"It's crazy to think about, that's for sure... I hope that those three are at least alive."

How foul. Why would I even say that?