Imbroglio//44

Imbroglio: An extremely confused, complicated or embarrassing situation.
————————————————-

Jack was out in a blink of an eye, or so it seemed. Hiding in (Y/N)'s room in the closet seemed like a good idea considering that Jack thought that whoever was at the door will leave soon. He was wrong however, the chatting coming from (Y/N)'s living room just didn't seem to stop.

If it wasn't for the uncomfortable space he found himself in, he'd probably smile to himself hearing her giggles from the other room. The boy frowned slightly, realizing that he will have to leave again, just after everything returned back to normal.

He cursed at himself mentally for having to live like this. He didn't mind before, but now when he found someone who accepts him for who he is and dare he says – someone who makes him happy, it's much different.

Sulking, he hoped that whoever was at the door will leave soon, giving him at least an hour with (Y/N) before he has to leave. He also noted in his head to give Jeff a piece of his mind when he sees him. He knew those bones were the ones of the bodies he gave to Jeff to feed his dog.

"Yes, of course I understand. You don't need to worry about me."

"You're a good person (Y/N), we just want this to be over you know?"

The girl held her cup of water tight in her hands as she conversed with her neighbor. The middle aged woman, Lillian, was the one to interrupt Jack and (Y/N) after hearing the recent news. Lillian was a good woman, she had two little kids and lived in an apartment above (Y/N)'s.

Her neighbor only wanted to offer to drive the girl to her parents' home, considering that it wasn't as safe here and she also planned to go to her sister's house while everything resolves.

"We will be leaving tomorrow morning, so if you change your mind please tell me by ten tonight, okay?"

(Y/N) nodded, taking a sip of water. Putting the cup back on the table, she smiled at Lillian.

"Of course, but like I said, there is no need to worry. If anything gets out of hand, I'll just call my friend to come and get me. But for now, I'll stay."

(Y/N) had no killer to be afraid of really. She knew that Jack had acquaintances with...similar interests per say, but she also knew that they never killed anyone in her town. It was only Jack. If anything, she'd only have to be vary of the police if they show up.

"Right, okay. Well, if you need anything, you know where to find me. For today that is." Lillian said with a chuckle.

(Y/N) watched as she got up from her seat, following her actions and seeing her out of her apartment. Closing and locking the door, she leaned on them, letting out an exhale. When she finally recollected herself, the girl walked over to the small coffee table and looked at the time – 8PM.

When she entered her room she was met with deathly silence. Looking around, she didn't see Jack anywhere, so she called out for him.

"Jack?"

Her gaze snapped towards her closet, seeing that the doors of it were opening. As Jack got out of the closet, (Y/N) couldn't help but chuckle at the state he was in. Hair all messed up, his mask tilted to the side and completely crumpled clothes. He took off his mask which revealed the annoyed look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think she'd be here for a whole hour."

She watched as he sighed and walked over to her, standing and not doing anything.

"What?"

"Do that thing you do usually."

(Y/N) raised her brow in confusion.

"What? A hug?"

He only nodded, which made her laugh lightly. Stepping closer to him, she stretched out her arms and embraced the boy, making him return the gesture. She felt as he buried his face at the top of her head, inhaling the scent. They again stood for a while, enjoying the presence of each other before Jack let go.

(Y/N) instantly raised her hands and cupped his cheeks in them, proceeding to leave small kisses all over, not caring if they land on the liquid pouring down Jack's face.

"You know that I don't always have to be the one to give you a hug right?"

"Wouldn't you find it weird?"

He left her confused yet again. Letting her hands fall to her side, she sighed before letting out another chuckle. It was safe to say that (Y/N) wasn't prepared to date somebody who really knew nothing about relationships.

And he read all those romance books for what?

"Jack, we are dating. I know you aren't familiar with the concept, but you can hug me whenever you want. You can hug me, kiss me, whatever – I don't mind."

"But what if you don't want to?"

For a killer, he sure was thoughtful about boundaries.

"Then I will say that I am not in the mood... You can also do that when you don't want a hug or a kiss."

They stared at each other for a while. (Y/N) never thought that she was ever going to teach someone how to be in a relationship, or what relationships mean, but here she was.

Is this what dating coaches do?

"Okay then. I have little time here left. Let's go to the living room and hug on the couch."

"That's called cuddling, and we don't have to go to the living room for that. Here-" she said, walking towards her bed and laying down. "-come on."

Jack tilted his head in confusion, but listened to her nonetheless. Laying down next to the girl, he draped his hands over her, scooting closer. He found it awkward to lay in her bed like that, but it was much more comfortable than the couch.

"I don't want you to leave."

He heard the muffled sentence, which made him squeeze her tighter to him. Sighing, he kissed the top of her head and stroked her back gently. It was weird how natural those actions became to him so suddenly.

"I know. But it will pass quickly."

Soon after, the boy noticed the shift in (Y/N)'s breathing, notifying him that she had fallen asleep. Slowly reaching for the phone in his hoodie pocket, he looked at the time and realized that he should probably get going. Getting up without disturbing the girl, Jack covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead, making sure to stay for a minute longer just to look at her.

It reminded him of how he looked at her sleep before they've officially met, when he only saw her as an entertainment piece. He would've never thought that he'd be doing that again, but this time – with love.

He grabbed one of (Y/N)'s backpacks and stuffed all of the belongings he littered around her apartment, along with the clothes she bought him. Before leaving, he took one of her empty notebooks and a pen – leaving a letter for her when she wakes up and finally headed for the forest.

Hopefully those assholes will drop the case soon.

—————————————————
Hi hi! Here's a new chapter for you all, I hope you'll enjoy. I'm still boiling but it's a little bit better than it was before aha ha 🤥. Anyways, I might do a double chapter again next time, but as always I'm not so sure, it depends on how much time I have. That's all folks, I'll be seeing you on Monday, have a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!