Visions//17

WARNING: Contains the description of the book "The Impaler" by Gregory Funaro!

Visions: An experience of seeing someone or something in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural apparition.
———————————————————————

(Y/N) hasn't slept well since Tuesday. She tried her best to focus on the tasks she had but to no avail - the thoughts about the near future infested her mind like the plague. Leaving that letter was basically signing consent for her death. It was too late for her to take back time, and running no longer was an option.

Thursday night wasn't any different as the last two nights. She would sit and watch the TV, take a shower and then go and try to sleep for at least three hours. It was awkward in her own home.

The feeling of being watched never left her alone, but she knew why. She knew why, which was the reason for her restless nights. Since Tuesday, she had been sitting on her chair near the kitchen table, pretending to look at the TV or read a book. The girl would glance outside from time to time. Paranoia ate her alive, she had no other choice but to make sure if she was imagining things.

When she spotted him she had no outer reaction. Completely still she'd continue pretending to do her own thing, leaving him outside to stare. The biggest mistake she could make now is show that she's aware of his presence. This meant she couldn't pull her blinds in the living room. She's never done it before anyway, doing so now will only look suspicious.

The inner reaction was hellish. She could feel her heart beating everywhere. Her head began feeling hot, the sudden stress overflowing through her body which made it hard to focus on anything. The entire situation made her brain recommend crazy ideas - What if you just turn around and look straight at him? He wouldn't be able to do anything, right?

No.

Now, turning off her TV, the girl went to her room, closing the door behind her. Tip-toeing to her bed, she crouched and pulled out an old vintage box from underneath her bed. The box held a gun with a couple of bullets in it, which is something (Y/N) hoped she'd never need to use. It was her paranoid father who gave it to her while driving to her new place. "For protection" he had said. She remembered how uneasy she felt when he gave it to her.

(Y/N) had no idea how to properly shoot with a gun, only the basics that her father taught her, so she found it weird that she was even given one. The girl had argued with her father back then, telling him how she doesn't need it.

Good thing he didn't listen to me.

Loading the gun, she made sure to put the safety on to prevent the gun from firing while she slept. She planned to keep it underneath her pillow, knowing that it was only a matter of time when the masked man is going to attack.

She did lock all of her windows, of course, but who's to say that he doesn't know how to get through it. Placing the gun underneath the pillow, (Y/N) sighed and went to sleep.

God, I better end up in a documentary.

It was somewhere around two in the
morning when (Y/N) woke up for no reason. She felt sick, but was too tired to go to the bathroom. The girl laid in her bed with both her eyes open, staring at the dark corners of her room. Her vision was foggy, eyes watering due to constant yawning.

Looking around the dark room, (Y/N)'s eyes landed on the mirror that faced her bedroom door and hallway. The shadowy reflection of a humanoid figure made her jolt up in shock. Rubbing her eyes, she looked at the mirror again only to see nothing there.

Falling back into her bed, (Y/N) slid her hand underneath her pillow just in case, letting sleep consume her once again.

"Haven't slept well?" (Y/N) darted her eyes towards her coworker that stood by the register. Tanya watched her with a small smile, (Y/N) noticing how she wasn't wearing a ponytail today, her blonde hair framing her oval face.