chapter xiv.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER XIV

SOON

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST FOUR DECADES since Cal and Rhys got trapped Under the Mountain. The Inner Circle busied themselves with other things just to stray their minds off the two. They were angry. Angry at Rhysand for ordering them not to leave. Angry at Callaghan for being too stubborn that she chose to stay. Angry at Amarantha for taking their High Lord and using him as her personal pet. Angry at themselves that they couldn't do anything.

Amidst all that, Azriel found himself missing Cal's company. The way that Vik had similar features as her didn't help either. He missed her, so much. The shadowsinger did not think too much into their connection until she got Under the Mountain. He thought they had all the time in the world to figure it out, but it seemed like that wasn't the case.

When the twins reported to him about Cal and the peregryn, he was not jealous at all. Azriel was glad she found someone even in those trying times. But then word about the peregryn dying came, he too was devastated. He couldn't imagine what Callaghan must have felt.

Cassian found him staring off at the Sidra. "You good?"

Azriel took a deep breath, "What do you think?"

The general sighed, "Look, Az, we all miss them, alright? But we have to keep moving. They will be back soon."

"How soon is soon?"

"No one knows," Cas answered truthfully, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder, "Come on, Vik's waiting for his training."

With another glance at the river, he flew away with Cassian in tow.

He hoped they'd be home soon, or else he might not stop himself from storming in just to get them both back.

──────────────────────────────

[ notes! ]

triple update bc the chapters are so shortt :>

*    · .     ✺    ✧ .  ✵ *   *    · .     ✵ *      ✫ *   .   · ⊹   ✺ .   ✧    ✦ ✫   . ✫ * .            ·   ⊹   ✺ .     ✧ .  ✦ ✫   . .