chapter xxv.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

CHAPTER XXV

TABLE SQUABBLES

THEY FELT RHYSAND COME BACK TO VELARIS. Immediately, they all made their way to the townhouse. Cassian and Azriel came first, but are locked out by Rhys as he spoke with Feyre inside the house.

A smile tugged on Rhys' lips, "One, no one but I, Mor, and Callaghan are able to winnow directly inside this house. It is warded, shielded, and warded some more."

"Callaghan?"

"You'll meet her soon, probably."

Rhysand then told Feyre that she was safe in Velaris and if she didn't want to meet the Illyrians, she may head upstairs and have her rest. As the High Lord talked about the winged males in the antechamber, there was a playful glint in his eyes. Feyre thought that it made him look younger.

Feyre chose wisely. She headed upstairs and went to her room as Rhys permitted the two to enter, who were now joined by Amren.

"Welcome home, bastard," Cassian basically greeted, "I sensed you were back. Mor filled me in, but—"

Amren cut him off, "Send your dogs out in the yard to play, Rhysand. You and I have matters to discuss."

"As do I," Azriel butted in.

"We were here first. Wait your turn, Tiny Ancient One."

Mor came in, still yawning, "Why is everyone here so early? I thought we were meeting tonight at the House."

Rhys raked his eye over his Circle as they talked about food. Vik and Cal still hadn't shown up.

As if sensing that he was looking for her, Callaghan and Vik appeared at the antechamber, making heads turn the moment they arrived, "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that we were supposed to come on schedule."

"Rhys does love his surprises, sister," Viktor's eyes glimmered with mirth. "Welcome back, my lord."

Rhys rolled his eyes when the two bowed to him dramatically, "You have to talk to me too?"

Callaghan shook her head, "Spymaster Azriel has got you covered. My own spies report to him for the time being."

When she took a deep inhale, Feyre's scent came to her. She looks to Rhysand, "She's here?"

Instead of answering, Rhysand faced Azriel and Amren, "Tell me everything." Then the three left the room to go somewhere more private.

"So," Vik starts, "Who wants to join me raid the kitchens?"

A bright smile broke out of Mor's face as she linked an arm with Cal's, "I like that idea, let's go."

──────────────────────────────

VIK ARRIVED WITH MOR, casually breezing in through the balcony. "If Cassian's howling, I hope it means Feyre told him to shut his fat mouth."

Cas and Mor began to banter so Vik decided to steal the spotlight, "Hi, I'm Viktor, but you can call me Vik. Nice to meet you." The way he smiled made Feyre release some of the tension on her shoulders. This fae was young, she thought. So she took his outstretched hand and shook it. "I don't really do much over here," the boy shrugged.